Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another tango with the 17mb82s

Hi guys,

I have a cheap LCD TV with a VESTEL PS and a 17mb82s board.

Outta de blue the led flashes red 7 times, the back light comes on for a second and starts this loop over again.

Been reading about re-flashing the eprom chip and how they have to be frozen in order to load the USB.

Any input from the fellow hackers in the forum?

Thanks.

Re: Another tango with the 17mb82s

try first the for_clean_nvm
    Format the pen in FAT32 and unzip the file to the pen (one file upgrade_loader.pkg ) , turn off the TV. Insert the pen into the TV and press the Ok button on the remote control. While holding down the key, turn on the tv at wall until the standby LED blinks rapidly. wait for the tv to boot so you can remove the pen
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Diah View Post
      try first the for_clean_nvm
      Format the pen in FAT32 and unzip the file to the pen (one file upgrade_loader.pkg ) , turn off the TV. Insert the pen into the TV and press the Ok button on the remote control. While holding down the key, turn on the tv at wall until the standby LED blinks rapidly. wait for the tv to boot so you can remove the pen
      Thanks for the reply.
      Both RAR files have the same file inside, do I do the same process as you describe for both files??

Comment

Originally posted by snoptel View Post
        Thanks for the reply.
        Both RAR files have the same file inside, do I do the same process as you describe for both files??
        both they are same end file name.. but they are different version... and file size.. this way i wrote try first the rar one.

Comment

Originally posted by Diah View Post
          both they are same end file name.. but they are different version... and file size.. this way i wrote try first the rar one.
          Thats what I was thinking, just wanted to confirm.
          I'll let you know what the outcome is.
          Thanks.

Comment

Hi Diah, thanks a million..it worked.

Why a TV would lose it´s EEPROM settings blows my mind...geez.

Cheers!!

Comment

Originally posted by snoptel View Post
              Hi Diah, thanks a million..it worked.

Why a TV would lose it´s EEPROM settings blows my mind...geez.

Cheers!!
              because its Vestel and master with dancing not only Tango but Cha Cha too, LOL

Comment

Hi there.
                I have a Vester MB82 tv set that startes blinking (6 times-pause-repeat) as soon as you press the power on button on the remote. I checked this method just to see if this is a fw issue, but no matter which file I put into the flash drive, it does nothing when I plug it in while holding OK button. STBY led lights up solid and flash drive (which has an internal LED) shows it hasn't been powered up. I tried 3 different flash packages (all unzipped, single file in drive, formatted FAT32...)

Any idea what could be wrong?

Thanks

EDIT-> Used a different flash drive (older), and it WORKED!
                Thanks!
                Last edited by edugimeno; 04-10-2022, 03:41 PM. Reason: Fixed it!

Comment

Originally posted by edugimeno View Post
                  Hi there.
                  I have a Vester MB82 tv set that startes blinking (6 times-pause-repeat) as soon as you press the power on button on the remote. I checked this method just to see if this is a fw issue, but no matter which file I put into the flash drive, it does nothing when I plug it in while holding OK button. STBY led lights up solid and flash drive (which has an internal LED) shows it hasn't been powered up. I tried 3 different flash packages (all unzipped, single file in drive, formatted FAT32...)

Any idea what could be wrong?

Thanks

EDIT-> Used a different flash drive (older), and it WORKED!
                  Thanks!
                  Vale

Comment

Working...
                  X