Samsung PL42C450 plasma X-Main IGBTs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung PL42C450 plasma X-Main IGBTs

Hello, the problem with this TV is it has all the Y and X voltages, but does not produce any image.

It had a TON of cracked solder joints on these boards, fixed all that I could find, but in the last test I forgot to plug in the Y-SUS to control board flat cable, it was left dangling and possibly some pins shorted to the panel metal ground, the X-Main buzzed quietly then blew up in 3 seconds after powering up, annoying.

Two RJH30E2 shorted, they are 360V 35A 1.7VCE IGBTs, the problem is I don't have any 360V IGBTs, only 300V or 600V, would two RJP3065 fit in? It's equivalent or superior in every spec except the max VCE voltage tolerance, looking at panasonic SS or LG Z sustain boards, all of them use up to 300V components, 30F123 or 2PG001 transistors, but this specific Samsung uses highter rated ones. I do not want to solder something that will blow up again.

The power supply, main board, Y-buffers and bottom "C" boards have been tested and are fine, what's left to suspect is logic, Y-SUS and X-Main.
    Attached Files

Re: Samsung PL42C450 plasma X-Main IGBTs

Well, went for the shot and killed it. TV has a picture and everything is working. The RJP fits just fine as a replacement, now I do not know why wasn't it working before the failure, maybe the original RJH were half defective.

The TV runs very hot, on a total black screen, half max luminance(10/20) with only "no signal" display both the X and Y heatsinks shot up to 65ÂșC, classic Samsung, engineered to fail, no wonder the Y-Main costs 70% of the total TV price.

Cannot take a picture since it's outside next to sunlight, the camera does not pick up contents on the screen properly.

Comment

Working...
    X