Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone familiar with Insignia CHOT CV500U2-T01-CB-1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone familiar with Insignia CHOT CV500U2-T01-CB-1?

I have an Insignia 50" TV that went bad. No picture but backlights, sound, remote control, etc. work fine. I have swapped TCOT but no luck. Running half of the board gives me half white half black or half white and the other half vertical color lines that move with the video. I am looking for test points on the TCOT and an understanding of the TCOT LED? It blinks only once at power-up and once again at power-down?! Suggestions?

Re: Anyone familiar with Insignia CHOT CV500U2-T01-CB-1?

did you make sure the tcon replacement was a match by matching up the numbers on the white sticker not just the printing on the board?

Comment

Much probably the problem sits in the panel or panel's distribution boards.. i can suggest you a simple test for not high equipped hobbist technicians, it becomes more handy with a "cheap" ir cam, so take a 12v power supply, connect 2 wires, the negative fixed to the tv chassis, the positive try to do something handy like tinning the end of it or connect it to an unused tester probe, then supply the positive to the tcon fuse with repetitive fast touches, feel on the panel's boards if something warms, for example a capacitor or diode.. i don't know the speed of tcon start process so start with less fast touches then eventually increase speed..
      Last edited by Davi.p; 03-25-2022, 03:43 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions. I have verified that the tcon board is identical to the original and that it has 12v (at the 12v test pad). I tested transistors on the panel boards and there are a few that have very minimal voltage--but without any type of docs I don't know what voltages to expect.

Comment

so what do you want to do? extract the magic stick?

Comment

when i said something warms i ment something heating..

Comment

those tcons seem to be selling for about 8 bucks, not a bad price, wonder if you just got a bad one.

Comment

tcon testing video there, many more too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiW6nNk1TYA

Comment

Working...
                X