FRCTC 12C error Sony KDL-43W805C

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FRCTC 12C error Sony KDL-43W805C

Hi, guys. I swapped the T-Con board of this tv - Sony KDL-43W805C related to this post and colored vertical lines etc.... So i do not have this lines now but i am facing another issue. The picture from the menu is going destroyed sometime. I cannot explain exactly but there are some photos:

And this distortion or so is showing when i am switching something in the menu. So i cannot see these lines on the picture from the channels only in the menu.
    Sometimes when it is starting then it is just switching off in few seconds and red is blinking 5 times. I checked in the service menu and saw this error - FRCTC l2C

I believe the first 6 digits are linked with the date of the error and the next ones may be the hours etc... I could not find almost anything on Internet about this error - only few post in some Polish and Hungarian forums but nothing interesting.
    When the TV starts with no issue it is working as normal except these lines on the menu. But the picture from the channels is normal.
    I tried and something else - when these 5 red blinks are shown i just disconnect the ribbon cable from the main board to the T-Con. In this case the TV starts normal and then i am connecting that ribbon cable back and everything is ok - working normal. I cleaned all the ribbons cable, checked all connections and cannot understand where this problem is coming from. I believe the key is behind this error - FRCTC l2C. But cannot find anything. Any help will be appreciated.

P.S. I think this Backlight err from the self diagnostic menu is old.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Dobsuk; 10-26-2020, 03:39 PM.

Re: FRCTC 12C error Sony KDL-43W805C

If you haven't already, do a factory reset and a firmware update if possible, lots of times you can't find the firmware because apparently sony thinks it's a good idea to take it off the site.

Comment

I haven't did factory reset yet. Just was thinking about it but still did not. Yeah i will but do not believe it will help. About the firmware update - i did it few months ago and it is with the last one. So i do not have options talking about the update.

Comment

Ok, did you try clearing those errors?

Comment

Doesn't that frctc 12c error refer to the frc board, they are usually pretty cheap to buy a replacement from ebay or the like.

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
            Ok, did you try clearing those errors?
            I could not find how to do it. Have tried few options from Internet but nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
              Doesn't that frctc 12c error refer to the frc board, they are usually pretty cheap to buy a replacement from ebay or the like.
              Yeah it could be. Just wanted to have more info before to buy the next board as may be I will need to buy another one T-Con matching the sticker's number with my one.

Comment

I believe you clear them in the service menu, BUT you could brick the tv if done wrong.

Comment

Oh I see, yes you need to match those sticker numbers to insure a match.

Comment

I will check the new board if it is not the same as it is already installed in the TV. I am just curious what this error could means.

Comment

You sure it isn't 6 blinks? 6 could be panel detect error.

Comment

No, 5 blinks for sure. That can be seen from the self diagnostic info - the last date is 26.10.2020. I am away now for few days and did check it in the last 2 days. But i believe this 6 blinks error is something old from 2019y.

Comment

Hi there, did you manage to figure it out because I have the same problem and wondering what to do?

Comment

Working...
                          X