Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sony xbr65x900c sound yes, no backlight or image.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sony xbr65x900c sound yes, no backlight or image.

Took 1 cap out, tested board on the bench, got 167 on main filter cap with just power connected, jumped 5 and 7 stby-poweron, filter cap only rose to 274, isn't that way too low or is it only partially on at that point?

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
      Took 1 cap out, tested board on the bench, got 167 on main filter cap with just power connected, jumped 5 and 7 stby-poweron, filter cap only rose to 274, isn't that way too low or is it only partially on at that point?
      sound good.. did you messured any voltage on the socket ?

Comment

Yes, the 12 volt pins are still 0, still have zener 909 reading short.
        Last edited by nomoresonys; 01-15-2022, 04:06 PM.

Comment

Yes, the 12 volt pins are still 0.
          did you measured the 12V on the socket with references the black probe on the COLD ( secondary ) area chassis ??

Comment

For ground I used the ground screw holder thats metal labeled gp4 on the board.
            Last edited by nomoresonys; 01-15-2022, 04:18 PM.

Comment

Still wondering why ZD909 reads short in circuit and none of the others do??

Comment

Still wondering why ZD909 reads short in circuit and none of the others do??
                but out of the board it read correct... right?... did you searched on the ic spec close to the zener

Comment

Yes, will retrieve data sheet, thanks.

Comment

It's a a6069h, I think this is the equivalent: https://datasheetspdf.com/datasheet/STR-A6069H.html

Comment

Can I test that in circuit? thanks.

Comment

Can I test that in circuit? thanks.
                        its okay, as you have standby viltage

Comment

Thats a relief, don't have to deal with that dam thing, thanks.

Comment

What is a puzzle is that zd909 did not test short in circuit til after the caps blew??

Comment

Is ZD909 across R907A/R907B? I suspect those are the source resistors for the ic's internal mosfet and are usually around 1Ω or less

Comment

Thanks for reply, yes it is across, both are at 2.2 ohms. They both continually beep in diode mode like a fuse does.
                                Last edited by nomoresonys; 01-15-2022, 09:56 PM.

Comment

Of all the little resistors on underside theres 6 that continually beep. The rest don't.

Comment

i still think you have open circuit some where.. lets do this beside the jumpers you did STBY3.3V with Power_on, put another jumper between STBY3.3V and BL_ON then measure if you have any voltage over the secondary area not only the socket.

Comment

I think your right Diah, with those 3 jumped I have 275 v on main filter cap, I checked the 4 electrolytic caps right by the connector but there's 0 volts on all of them, does that make sense? thanks.

Comment

Still no 12 v, strange because I'm pretty sure I measured once and all the 12's were there with everything hooked up, right after I replaced the blown caps.

Comment

on the psu secondary side the 3amp resistor type fuse i guess you have checked that?

Comment

Working...
                                          X