Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Issue with Westinghouse 19" LCD Monitor (large pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Issue with Westinghouse 19" LCD Monitor (large pics)

Originally posted by spaceman View Post
    I could be wrong, but I'm not quite confident that it would fit. If someone else with more experience says it will, then giddy up, but otherwise, any other ideas?
    Post a clear focused picture of where the 1000uF 25V caps have to go. Post following this instructions.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1868
    --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Originally posted by retiredcaps View Post
      Panasonic FM 1000uF 25V series does come in 20mm height. See

http://ca.mouser.com/ProductDetail/P...wWEhzvqOZDM%3d

The diameter is 12.5mm. Do you have enough space for the diameter?
      If this power supply is a dac-19m005,The 12.5mm 20 should work fine you might have to lay the small ce101 a little bit to the side.
      I am eye balling this board right now.
      Al
      Whatever I do, I consider it a success, if in the end I am breathing, seeing, feeling and hearing!

Comment

Not a problem. And although I encourage helping new members, you don't have to worry about me. Though some rules do seem to vary.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Krankshaft; 08-13-2010, 05:13 PM. Reason: Huge inline pics.

Comment

Wow, I don't think I have ever seen anyone post a picture with a caliper before!!! Good job. I just use a tape measure and eyeball it.

Anyways, I'm confident that the 12.50 diameter will fit and here is how we will make it fit.

The left most cap doesn't have to sit 100% flush to the board so you can lean it towards the edge of the board. The cap will work just fine leaning a bit just like the other components on your board.

The cap at CE101 MAY come in smaller sizes with the correct uF and V. Please list the uF, V, diameter, and height value at CE101. We will try to get a smaller one so that the other cap above can occupy some of it space.

If there is no smaller cap size for CE101, we can lean the other cap as well.
          --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

While personally recommend against inline pics (attachments are much better) if you must use them resize them properly so we all don't have to side scroll for the entire thread page please. I removed the pics since you had attachments.
            Elements of the past and the future combining to make something not quite as good as either.

Comment

Wow, I don't think I have ever seen anyone post a picture with a caliper before!!! Good job. I just use a tape measure and eyeball it.
              Thanks!! I use it whenever I can...to say I did. heh heh

The cap at CE101 MAY come in smaller sizes with the correct uF and V. Please list the uF, V, diameter, and height value at CE101. We will try to get a smaller one so that the other cap above can occupy some of it space.

If there is no smaller cap size for CE101, we can lean the other cap as well.
              The CE101 is 220uF, 25v, and 18mm tall with an 8mm diameter.

Originally posted by Krankshaft View Post
              While personally recommend against inline pics (attachments are much better) if you must use them resize them properly so we all don't have to side scroll for the entire thread page please. I removed the pics since you had attachments.
              Even though I stated that you don't need to worry about me following forum rules, I still referenced the link that retiredcaps left just to be sure and followed the guidelines. If you feel like I didn't do a good job, I'd appreciate it if you could modify the guide so that there's no problems with future newbies. And do you have javascript disabled? Your Highslide JS was working fine for me for resizing.

Comment

On your pics the resizer wasn't working for some reason. Maybe it was just a browser glitch on my end if so sorry about that.

It seems that Firefox and Java still have problems playing nice with each other on occasion.
                Last edited by Krankshaft; 08-13-2010, 05:15 PM.
                Elements of the past and the future combining to make something not quite as good as either.

Comment

Originally posted by Krankshaft View Post
                  On your pics the resizer wasn't working for some reason. Maybe it was just a browser glitch on my end if so sorry about that.

It seems that Firefox is a bit picky with Java.
                  S'all good. If you find some glitch with some odd combo like firefox, highslide, and say a particular format, please let us know.
                  Otherwise, I'll stick with Opera (shameless plug).

Comment

The CE101 is 220uF, 25v, and 18mm tall with an 8mm diameter.
                    Well, I looked through mouser, digikey, and here and I cannot find anything smaller than the 8mm diameter that is on the approved/recommended list. I found a 6.3 diameter cap, but it is unsuitable for this application.

On mouser, they list a Panasonic FC 220uF 25V cap at 6.3mm diameter, but when I looked at the FC datasheet, it looks like Mouser has it entered wrong on their ordering system.

Just lean both caps away from each other (CE101 and the one on top) and you should be fine.

This youtube video shows someone replacing caps and at the 8 minute mark, you can see he ordered caps too tall and his solution (which I don't recommend).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ul5LhuCT1y8

Why he didn't get the right caps to fix such a nice monitor is beyond me.

edit: I use opera as well.
                    --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Sounds like a plan. I just grabbed a few EEUFC1E102's that should hopefully be in next week. Thankfully, my other attempts at cap replacement thus far have worked out, but I got those from the CapKing. I get equivalent capacitance and all, but just why did he use such large ones? Just to act smart?

And um, I made a typo in my last post. The 220uF caps are actually 12mm tall. I'll change it to reflect that. Maybe one will come up on a search now.

The only project that wasn't a huge success was with a Dell Optiplex SX280 that had overheated the lower caps and that's only because I wasn't satisfied with just replacing them (which went well). I had to be a loser and try to splice a small fan from the hard drive power cable. Well, the splice didn't hold completely and shorted out what I think is a voltage regulator, but that's for another thread.

edit: or I guess I won't. I didn't realize that there was an edit deadline here.
                      Last edited by spaceman; 08-14-2010, 09:19 AM.

Comment

And um, I made a typo in my last post. The 220uF caps are actually 12mm tall.
                        I searched for diameter previously and there is no cap smaller in diameter than 8mm in a low ESR 105C format. So the difference between 18mm and 12mm doesn't factor in.
                        --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Good to know. Thank you for looking.

Comment

Here website will help you & follow the steps
                            http://www.ccl-la.com/blog/index.php...repair/#more-3

Comment

Ok, I've got a DAC-19M005 from a acer 19" that I've been working on.
                              It had the following bad when I got it.
                              C204 and CE101 were swollen.
                              F200 was open.
                              The 40T03GPs were not shorted, But I was erring on the side of caution and replaced.

and I've tried the following.

Replaced every cap except for CE107 and CE108.
                              Replaced the transistors with 40T03GP's from ebay.
                              Replaced F200 (Was open) with a fuse from a bad video card, it's labeled 3.

The monitor powers on when I plug it in, but give no backlight. The fuse doesn't blow, and the monitor will power on and off correctly.

I've checked every fuse I can find, F100, F102 and F200.
                              I've also checked every 0 ohm jumper I could find on the board.

I've also tried plugging in a different panel to half the circuit. (I've got a 17" panel with 2 good bulbs, so I would leave 2 of the 19" bulbs in circuit and sub the 2 17" for test), Still no backlight.

Any clue what next?

Thanks,
                              later,
                              dabone

Comment

Originally posted by dabone View Post
                                What model Acer?

The monitor powers on when I plug it in, but give no backlight. The fuse doesn't blow, and the monitor will power on and off correctly.
                                Does the backlight flash on even briefly? If you shine a flashlight to the screen, can you see the display?

Any clue what next?
                                Post clear focused pictures AFTER reading

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1868

Please do not post pictures inline as they slow down the loading of pages.

For best picture quality and clarity take your boards to a window on a sunny day, turn flash off, and use macro mode. Take a top down view of all your boards (front and back). Make sure the photo is legible so that we can read the PCB printing clearly. A shutter speed of 1/125 or faster will produce nice clear focused pictures. Try to get a photo that is 2000x2000 resolution or as close as possible.

Here is an example of the pictures we want.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...94&postcount=1

After we see pics, we can make more suggestions. So far, good job of eliminating a lot of potential causes.
                                --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Originally posted by dabone View Post
                                  It had the following bad when I got it.
                                  C204 and CE101 were swollen.
                                  F200 was open.
                                  The 40T03GPs were not shorted, But I was erring on the side of caution and replaced.

and I've tried the following.

Replaced every cap except for CE107 and CE108.
                                  Replaced the transistors with 40T03GP's from ebay.
                                  Replaced F200 (Was open) with a fuse from a bad video card, it's labeled 3.

I've checked every fuse I can find, F100, F102 and F200.
                                  I've also checked every 0 ohm jumper I could find on the board.

I've also tried plugging in a different panel to half the circuit. (I've got a 17" panel with 2 good bulbs, so I would leave 2 of the 19" bulbs in circuit and sub the 2 17" for test), Still no backlight.

Any clue what next?

Thanks,
                                  later,
                                  dabone
                                  try searching for this thread[ Westinghouse L2046NV Mosfet 40T03GP Wanted] by Equevarae.
                                  There are acer and westing house monitors that use this dac-19m005,And there is alot of good information on common problems they are having. there is also annother fuse on back you have not listed it is F101 near the 16 pin connector to the vidio board
                                  Al.
                                  Last edited by alexanna; 09-08-2010, 04:23 PM.
                                  Whatever I do, I consider it a success, if in the end I am breathing, seeing, feeling and hearing!

Comment

Originally posted by alexanna View Post
                                    try searching for this thread[ Westinghouse L2046NV Mosfet 40T03GP Wanted] by Equevarae.
                                    There are acer and westing house monitors that use this dac-19m005,And there is alot of good information on common problems they are having. there is also annother fuse on back you have not listed it is F101 near the 16 pin connector to the vidio board
                                    Al.
                                    EGuevarae, not eQuevarae. I don't mind, but .....
                                    Back on topic, you say you replaced all the caps, but you did not say with what ....
                                    And I second the "no inline pictures suggestion"
                                    There are 10 kind of people in this world: those that understand binary, and those who don't.
                                    • ASUS ROG Maximus IX Code
                                    • Intel Core i5-7600K 3.8GHz
                                    • 16gb GSKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200
                                    • 1 M2 SSD + 2 WD Blue 1TB (Mirrored)
                                    • Windows 10 Pro x64
                                    • GeForce GT1050
                                      2 x Acer KA240H + 1 Vewsonic VP2130 21 (a cap replacement job )

Comment

Okay now, I swapped the caps a little while ago and I guess I just got caught up in using it and forgot to post. Thank you again for your help.

As far as the 12.5mm vs 10mm, you were right and it wasn't a problem. I just had the leave a little more of the leads on there and bent them out of the way.

Also, I found that a three slot letter holder makes a perfect small motherboard holder while soldering. Though I'd make sure that the weight of the board is placed on something sturdy like the power plug.

Now, onto trying to fix a HP dv1000 laptop.
                                      Attached Files

Comment

when the boards keep blowing fuses check the diode and 4 pack of transistors below F200. Q204 shorts between pins frequently and R209 and R210 go out of tolerance and that tanks the whole cluster.

Comment

Originally posted by kahless View Post
                                          when the boards keep blowing fuses check the diode and 4 pack of transistors below F200. Q204 shorts between pins frequently and R209 and R210 go out of tolerance and that tanks the whole cluster.
                                          Good info to know. To save my eyesite, would you know offhand what the part number of Q204 is?

Comment

Working...
                                          X