DD-WRT software help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DD-WRT software help.

HI GUYS: anybody here uses DD-WRT firmware!
    I have an old Buffalo WHR-HP-G54 and i installed long time ago DD-WRT firme ware,i try to log in and i get DD-WRT menu that asks for user name password,but i don't know, i want to config but can't get in.
    some people say that one can flash back to Factory default but is kinda confusing, i have this link but it seems to be too much for my head ,any help here

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=71220&

Re: DD-WRT software help.

With the unit powered on, press and hold the reset button on back of unit for 30 seconds
    Without releasing the reset button, unplug the unit and hold reset for another 30 seconds
    Plug the unit back in STILL holding the reset button a final 30 seconds
    how is that confusing?
    Things I've fixed: anything from semis to crappy Chinese $2 radios, and now an IoT Dildo....

"Dude, this is Wyoming, i hopped on and sent 'er. No fucking around." -- Me

Excuse me while i do something dangerous

You must have a sad, sad boring life if you hate on people harmlessly enjoying life with an animal costume.

Sometimes you need to break shit to fix it.... Thats why my lawnmower doesn't have a deadman switch or engine brake anymore

Follow the white rabbit.

Comment

Originally posted by goontron View Post
      how is that confusing?
      Thanks goontron: i'll give it a try.

Comment

Originally posted by goontron View Post
        how is that confusing?

Thanks goontron; i was able to get the DD -WRT going by doing the Hard reset 30x30x30 and changed password to name: admin and Password:root and changed to wireless setting and now it works on wireless but it doesn't work on wan cable,so i can't set it to a secure Wep,also when i changed to the wireless, my user name pop up asking password 11 ca-raters long which i don't know.pics attachment ,

I would appreciate if you can help me on how to config the secure Wep
        Attached Files

Comment

I ran this router with Tomato USB for years until recently. I've had mixed results with DD-WRT. On some routers, it works fine, on others, they just can't get it right.
          "We have offered them (the Arabs) a sensible way for so many years. But no, they wanted to fight. Fine! We gave them technology, the latest, the kind even Vietnam didn't have. They had double superiority in tanks and aircraft, triple in artillery, and in air defense and anti-tank weapons they had absolute supremacy. And what? Once again they were beaten. Once again they scrammed [sic]. Once again they screamed for us to come save them. Sadat woke me up in the middle of the night twice over the phone, 'Save me!' He demanded to send Soviet troops, and immediately! No! We are not going to fight for them."

-Leonid Brezhnev (On the Yom Kippur War)

Comment

DD-WRT forums has all the info you need to set it up and the best place to look for help.

Under Setup, Networking, check that WAN port is assigned to eth1, and that eth0 and eth2 are set to default.

Comment

Do yourself a favour and use Tomato. Here is the latest Shibby build for your router:

http://tomato.groov.pl/download/K26/...1-124-Mini.trx
              "We have offered them (the Arabs) a sensible way for so many years. But no, they wanted to fight. Fine! We gave them technology, the latest, the kind even Vietnam didn't have. They had double superiority in tanks and aircraft, triple in artillery, and in air defense and anti-tank weapons they had absolute supremacy. And what? Once again they were beaten. Once again they scrammed [sic]. Once again they screamed for us to come save them. Sadat woke me up in the middle of the night twice over the phone, 'Save me!' He demanded to send Soviet troops, and immediately! No! We are not going to fight for them."

Comment

Here's what the latest version looks like:

Pretty slick.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by mockingbird View Post
                  Here's what the latest version looks like:

Pretty slick.
                  Thanks guys; do i flash it with TFTP ? i'll give it a try,

*Linksys TFTP server/client download here:
                  ftp://ftp.linksys.com/pub/network/ tftp.exe

Comment

You might be able to flash Tomato straight from DD-WRT.

When I installed Tomato from factory many, many years back, I used TFTP. Most versions of Windows come with a built in command-line tftp client.

Comment

You might be able to flash Tomato straight from DD-WRT.

When I installed Tomato from factory many, many years back, I used TFTP. Most versions of Windows come with a built in command-line tftp client.
                      Thanks; i downloaded TFTP client and i typed per instructions:

Typed in DOS window. tftp -i 192.168.11.1 put tomato.trx

now it ask me to specify where to transfer the file.

what i put in C:\

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Set your computer's ethernet card settings to: IP=192.168.11.2, mask=255.255.255.0, gateway=192.168.11.1 (Gateway and DNS settings are optional and not needed to flash Tomato). In Windows, you can set this by going to Control Panel, Network Connections, right-click your ethernet card, click properties, then TCP/IP.
                      Plug in your router and quickly enter this in a DOS window. "tftp -i 192.168.11.1 put tomato.trx" It will return Timeout if it failed or Transferred if it was successful.
                      ------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Tomato_...S.2FWHR-HP-G54

Comment

Originally posted by ivtec View Post
                        Thanks; i downloaded TFTP client and i typed per instructions:

Typed in DOS window. tftp -i 192.168.11.1 put tomato.trx

now it ask me to specify where to transfer the file.

what i put in C:\

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Set your computer's ethernet card settings to: IP=192.168.11.2, mask=255.255.255.0, gateway=192.168.11.1 (Gateway and DNS settings are optional and not needed to flash Tomato). In Windows, you can set this by going to Control Panel, Network Connections, right-click your ethernet card, click properties, then TCP/IP.
                        Plug in your router and quickly enter this in a DOS window. "tftp -i 192.168.11.1 put tomato.trx" It will return Timeout if it failed or Transferred if it was successful.
                        ------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Tomato_...S.2FWHR-HP-G54

here a Screenshot of DOS,disregard ''upload'' after ''frank''

http://postimg.org/image/588wn31y7/61443153/
                        Last edited by ivtec; 01-26-2015, 06:23 PM.

Comment

You can also just do it in DD-WRT; go to Amninistation tab, Upgrade Firmware, select browse for the file and click Upgrade.

Comment

Originally posted by ivtec View Post
                            here a Screenshot of DOS,disregard ''upload'' after ''frank''

http://postimg.org/image/588wn31y7/61443153/
                            You forgot the hyphen ("-") before the i. Should be tftp -i not tftp i.

Also, pay attention to the instructions. There is only a small window of time when the router is starting up when it will accept the new firmware. It's a little tricky. If you can have someone helping you, it would be ideal. One person plugs in the router, and one person has the command all ready and typed out, and presses enter immediately after the router is plugged in.

Also, use this link, this is the newest version of Tomato for your router. I just flashed it to my WHR-HP-G54 as I show in the picture, and it works perfectly:

http://tomato.groov.pl/download/K26/...1-124-Mini.trx
                            Last edited by mockingbird; 01-26-2015, 07:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveNielsen View Post
                              You can also just do it in DD-WRT; go to Amninistation tab, Upgrade Firmware, select browse for the file and click Upgrade.
                              Thanks Steve; it looks like your way is easier;
                              i entered DD-WRT control Panel but via wireless, cause via Lan it doesn't enter.
                              so i'm in the firmware upgrade menu Dos WRT

i put in the 24-mini.trx.

it it sais after flashing reset to and in the box it says "don't reset"
                              please select file to upload

Reset to default settings

do i till have to push the reset button and unplug power?if so how
                              Last edited by ivtec; 01-26-2015, 07:53 PM.

Comment

Set it to reset after flashing, click flash...

Comment

So at the moment you have a Sony laptop connected on wireless, but if you plug in a pc/laptop using an ethernet cable then it's not connecting ?

Your WAN cable is the one going from this Buffalo to your gateway.

The many asterisks is a security feature, it's the same length however long your password is.

The security tab is where you will find the security settings.

LOL, seems whilst i've been typing this and getting distracted you've changed the firmware.
                                  Last edited by diif; 01-26-2015, 08:03 PM. Reason: Took to long to reply

Comment

TFTP in Windows:

Destination : Specifies where to transfer the file. If Destination is omitted, it is assumed to have the same name as Source.

Destination in this case is a filename, not a drive letter. Omit it.

In DD-WRT choose reset defaults, if it doesn't automatically reboot the router then yes you need to manually restart it. Probably a 30 sec power cycle will suffice, if not then a 30/30/30 reset.
                                    Last edited by SteveNielsen; 01-26-2015, 08:06 PM. Reason: updated question

Comment

Set it to reset after flashing, click flash...
                                      thanks mockingbird; it does't offer reset after flash!

it offer; Do Not Reset

or Reset to Default Settings

choose file

Comment

i think he is seeing something like this.
                                        Attached Files
                                        Things I've fixed: anything from semis to crappy Chinese $2 radios, and now an IoT Dildo....

"Dude, this is Wyoming, i hopped on and sent 'er. No fucking around." -- Me

Excuse me while i do something dangerous

You must have a sad, sad boring life if you hate on people harmlessly enjoying life with an animal costume.

Sometimes you need to break shit to fix it.... Thats why my lawnmower doesn't have a deadman switch or engine brake anymore

Follow the white rabbit.

Comment

Working...
                                        X