Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG 47LN5400 - Overlay shift?

Just need an opinion on this please?
    Got this smaller 47" TV - initially, no backlight, turns out the connector for the Backlight is not plugged in all the way. Yay - easy fix.

However the picture quality is off. With black background, about 1/5 or so of the left of the screen is brighter color (Almost like a lighter band) when the picture comes on the left hand side seems ok.

However when the menu is turned on, the right hand side 1/5 of the screen shows color issues. Seems the overlay vs. picture is shifted and not aligned. See photos. TCON board? this has the usual Main, TCON and PS boards.
    Attached Files

Re: LG 47LN5400 - Overlay shift?

I'd go for the Tcon board.

Comment

Got the TCON today, and it does exactly what my original TCON is doing. Could it be the panel, or would a main board replacement fix this? Thoughts?

Comment

on LG plat forum LED LCD TV even also OLED, the first things we do send command IN_Stop to roll down all driver and firm ware as factory condition to be sure no effect of them. then go hard ware to check.. so star from in-stop

Comment

Thanks. This tv does not have ethernet and i don't have service remote. I attempted to enter the service menu (press and hold menu then enter one of 6 known password 0000, 7777, 0413, 8741, 8743, or 8878) and no success. I get Wrong Password. I then upgraded firmware to see if that helps and no luck. Any other way to enter service menu? Thanks
          Last edited by jason123; 03-18-2019, 06:21 PM.

Comment

just today i recommend at other post 2 apk which worck with android mobile set built in IR transmitter

Comment

Yeah my s6 cracked and newer models don't have ir

Comment

Found the code 1105.... did a factory reset... still same issue

Comment

disconnect ribbon cable between T-CON and Panel on the effected side and other side too one by one and check if the screen had same issue or not.

Comment

Disconnecting one, shows white half as expected. disconnecting the other one results in dark screen on one half and lighter slightly on the other side.
                    Disconnecting LVDS from Main to TCON results in just dark screen (none of the issues on right or left)

Comment

you have panel issue. check the panel board of the effected side , if there open R

also you can testing by exchange the ribbon cable of the effected side with the other side. check remain issue same side or not
                      just be carful when you remove the ribbon. as of the age of the tv and the heat the pins of them get easy to break
                      Last edited by Diah; 03-19-2019, 08:22 AM.

Comment

well, unfortunately you have a bad panel. Too bad...

Comment

Can you guy elaborate on the "Bad Panel"? What was expected from this last exercise? Just so I understand for future troubleshooting. Shouldn't I be getting the bad left / right when I disconnect the LVDS from main the TCON, if indeed bad panel?
                          Last edited by jason123; 03-19-2019, 12:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jason123 View Post
                            Shouldn't I be getting the bad left / right when I disconnect the LVDS from main the TCON, if indeed bad panel?
                            NO. also this is wrong TEST by remove LVDS. nothing you will have from it.. black screen as you got. only ribbon remove its enough

Comment

Ok, thanks. What would you expect if I didn't have a bad panel when the left vs. right ribbon is disconnected from panel? What told you that I have a bad panel?

Comment

you wrote at your test of ribbon remove ((on one half and lighter slightly on the other side.)) this mean panel issue, but this issue of dimming part of the screen not whole the half 50% repairable as it may being one of resistor or ceramic capits value changed resulting this issue.

disconnect panel totally from T-CON and make access to the Tap board of the screen, you will have 2 side of same component, with DM at Ohm or Diode mode. you can compare the reading between each piece of parts of the good side of panel and the bad side of the panel. you will find one or more had different value i hope.

post clear photo of tap board the left and right one

Comment

I was just looking back at your photos. Is it just the left 1/5 of the screen? or is it both the left and right 1/5ths of the screen? Your photos appear to show that both the left side and the right side have symmetrical areas that are brighter/darker.

In pictures 2 & 3, the text "No Signal" is facing up and appears at left side, and is facing up and appears at right side suggesting both sides of the panel display this issue?

Is this accurate?

This could be a panel error, but if you have symmetry in the error, perhaps is it mainboard signal error.

Comment

Originally posted by Unspun01 View Post
                                    I was just looking back at your photos. Is it just the left 1/5 of the screen? or is it both the left and right 1/5ths of the screen? Your photos appear to show that both the left side and the right side have symmetrical areas that are brighter/darker.

In pictures 2 & 3, the text "No Signal" is facing up and appears at left side, and is facing up and appears at right side suggesting both sides of the panel display this issue?

Is this accurate?

This could be a panel error, but if you have symmetry in the error, perhaps is it mainboard signal error.
                                    Hi,
                                    When you power it up with nothing on the screen, the left 1/5 or so of the screen seems lighter as you see in photo. Right hand side looks fine. When you display the menu, or put in a source, the left 1/5 of the screen is perfect image, and the right 1/5 of the screen seems messed up as you see in the photos. as if overlay (best way to describe it) is shifted. You are correct.

Tcon replacement did not fix it. and the theory now is that it's a bad panel. I'll take a look at the tabs and see if I can find anything. I've ordered a main board, but I'm not sure it will fix it.. if it's a panel, then that's $20 down the drain I hope it's fixable

Comment

Honestly, from your description it sounds like the issue doesnt happen permanently or randomly.

The issue chases the signal sent to the panel. If tconn didn't fix it, I suspect main board. Possibly corrupted instruction or command. Try updating firmware if possible before new main board but I don't suspect panel issue

Comment

Thanks Unspun01 - That's where I'm leaning also - The tabs "Seem" to check out. Dirty components (cleaning didn't help) - I did update firmware and no luck.

Here are photos of the tabs, just for completeness
                                        Left Tab (Bottom left when facing the tV) photos first starting from ribbon cable in the center
                                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                        X