Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asus X541UV with bad PCH?

Hello.
    Have this piece of crap that have intel i3-6100u in it. NO 3,3 and 5V lines. have shorted 3V line to 1.5ohm. when removed PJP on 3,3V line. the 5V and 3V comes on. i inject 3,3V in that line, voltage goes down to 2,2V and PCH heats up fast with power from PSU 4,5W

Is that PCH fucked? cannot buy that procesor lower that 95eur

Intel is really win in today
    Last edited by ktmmotocross; 02-22-2019, 03:45 PM.

Re: Asus X541UV with bad PCH?

Sometimes it is possible that some tiny IC gets hot which we do not consider. In addition, check KBC for being warm too.
    Does 95 euros mean mainboard replacement is better than PCH replacement?
    Last edited by caspian; 02-22-2019, 04:00 PM.

Comment

If PCH gets hot when injecting voltage on 3.3V it's dead. Also I don't know any sellers selling good new CPU for those, and they're not easy to replace since the chip will bend easily between the CPU and PCH dies. Most likely a waste of time.
      OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

Originally posted by piernov View Post
        If PCH gets hot when injecting voltage on 3.3V it's dead. Also I don't know any sellers selling good new CPU for those, and they're not easy to replace since the chip will bend easily between the CPU and PCH dies. Most likely a waste of time.
        i was thinking about getting upgrade from liquid damaged board. is it really so though to replace?

Comment

Originally posted by ktmmotocross View Post
          i was thinking about getting upgrade from liquid damaged board. is it really so though to replace?
          Which bga rework station you use?? These cpu can be replaced only on costly bga machines. I never met success, as piernov has said, in replacing them with ZMR-5860 and DH-C1 machines. Either the cpu bends or the pcb bends irrespective of the profile i use.

Comment

i have home made infrared machine. dont like that hotair stations

maybe i should try some desolderig to see ow it works
            Last edited by ktmmotocross; 02-23-2019, 12:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X