Vizio D650i-B2 wont trun on and no standby light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vizio D650i-B2 wont trun on and no standby light

First off i want to say hello, as i am new and happy to be in the presence of people that know much more than me in these situations. I have searched through quite a few threads and not found and issue just like the one i am having. I just acquired a Vizio D650i-B2 that I was told just quit turning on and has no standby light. Going through some light diag last night i found that the set has a steady standby 5v at the power board connector. without removing any of the boards yet there is no obvious signs of burning, bloating, or cracking on anything that i see. I unplugged the IR board as i saw that was a fairly common issue with these. Doing so i did not see any change, power button on the tv along with the remote has no effect on the tv. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. I do not have any pictures at this point as i am at work.

Re: Vizio D650i-B2 wont trun on and no standby light

Just got home and into the TV again and noticed this brown goo that looks like it was dripping down. Will try to get this heat sync off and see what it looks like underneath.
    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
    X