LCD fried - transformer to blame?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LCD fried - transformer to blame?

I have a sansung 19 inch. The power supply is rather similar to those described in this tread. Even the part numbers on the board matches.

It turn on and displays the "check cable signal" just fine.
    If I plug in a signal, it will power cycle, as evidenced by the power light, but no image.

I've changed the shady capacitors and I've noticed the FSDM0565R is noisy when I signal is used. I have a hunch the chip isn't able to handle the load. I've ordered a new FSDM0565RBWDTU and will let you know when it gets here and installed.

Ps: I've browsed your site a lot in the past and now was a good time to join.

Comment

Just check to make sure they are compatible!!! I know that one Ebay Sellers product is a 5 pin version,and NOT the 6 pin of the original, and is not the same.

Comment

How did you determine it's noisy? Are you looking at it with a scope?

Comment

I ordered the fairchild exact part number. I just received it. It's noisy enough that I can hear it. It's my best bet so far.

Comment

Well I replaced the pwm chip , and still behaves the same. Lcd will blink the power led if you hook up the lcd cable. Not as noisy though, but obviously wasn't the true problem.

I guess my first intuition that the logic board was the problem was right.

Comment

Working...
            X