Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

electrolyte capacitor high voltage tester

dear all:
    i need schematic for testing high voltage electrolyte capacitors(leackage and capacity tester)(for example 390uf 450v)that used in frequency inverters and ac motor drives .please send me good project or schematic for this tester.
    and please send good analog esr meter
    good luck.
    Last edited by usefi5961; 11-21-2017, 02:35 AM.

Re: electrolyte capacitor high voltage tester

Comment

There a lots of good testers on the market that can measure capacitance and ESR. I have a BLUE ESR meter that is quite reasonably priced and considered one of the best. Also, I have separate meter to test capacitance in both polarized or electrolytic and non-polarized capacitors, regardless of working voltage.

Comment

I unfortunately don't have a single unit that does everything. I have a Sencore LC meter that can measure capacitance and leakage at multiple voltages including at several hundred volts - which is helpful for those high voltage capacitors as well as also being able to be used to reform capacitors - but it does not measure ESR. My ESR measurements are done on a homemade meter, not "professional" but it's all I have, and it has already saved me from needing to pull capacitors to test.

I suspect the Sencore is a fairly old device, it's only been the last few decades where switching supplies that require low ESR capacitors start showing up everywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew F. Ali View Post
          There a lots of good testers on the market that can measure capacitance and ESR. I have a BLUE ESR meter that is quite reasonably priced and considered one of the best. Also, I have separate meter to test capacitance in both polarized or electrolytic and non-polarized capacitors, regardless of working voltage.
          I got the ESR Micros for sale, based upon the original Blue meter, but signifficantly improved over time. Still do not measure leakage though.
          Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Exclusive caps, meters and more!
          Hardware Insights - power supply reviews and more!

Comment

we know what does, but you insist it's a pile of shit pirated in garages by chinese prisoners.

Comment

Most of them are, yes. There are certainly better models also coming from China, but as you are cheap, you don't bother with them

Yo sure it measures leakage anyway? Gonna have to check it, I remember only capacity and ESR.
              Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Exclusive caps, meters and more!
              Hardware Insights - power supply reviews and more!

Comment

Working...
              X