Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help to indentify this cap

Hello everybody,

I have this cap broken when the the mother board fell out of the table.

I don't know what cap it is , how much volt or ยต so i can find a replacement ?

Here is the photo taken of this cap on other mother board.

Can you tell me what it is like cap ?
    Thank you guys.

Here is the cap:

Last edited by herita; 10-24-2014, 08:25 AM.

Re: Need help to indentify this cap

already here

Comment

If I can read that datasheet properly it means 22uF 10v.
      "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
      -David VanHorn

Comment

When I saw the picture, I thought it was a polymer since it doesn't have the vent etchings on top but seems to be a aluminum electrolytic per the spec sheet.

Comment

Originally posted by Almighty1 View Post
          When I saw the picture, I thought it was a polymer since it doesn't have the vent etchings on top but seems to be a aluminum electrolytic per the spec sheet.
          Yeah, they can get a bit confusing, they look similar.
          "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
          -David VanHorn

Comment

So much for asking how to tell the difference between a polymer vs a aluminum electrolytic which someone said, the former doesn't have the vent etching but seems like this one doesn't have it either.

Comment

The absence of a vent stamp will not tell you if it's a polymer. But, a polymer-looking cap with a vent stamp is NOT a polymer, just a plain electrolytic in a different can type.

Though you can guess.. if it's used in a switching supply\boost converter\VRM circuit etc it's more likely to be a polymer, if it's just in a standard circuit it's probably a standard electrolytic.

You need to find manufacturer and series to know for sure, I believe.
              -David VanHorn

Comment

In this case, it's not a polymer capacitor. It's a simple electrolytic capacitor.

They don't use vents on capacitors that are very small and low capacitance because physically, the electrolyte inside can not produce enough gas through deterioration to make the can explode, the aluminum is simply too strong for the light pressure gas would cause.

It's a 22 uF 10v (letter A after 22 tells you this) electrolytic capacitor. Replace with a good Low ESR capacitor and you'll be fine.
                If you want, you can replace with a capacitor that has a higher voltage rating (16-35v), as long as the footprint is the same.

Comment

Working...
                X