Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacing cap's did not solve LCD monitor issue

This is great site...lots of info.
    I have two Planar PL 191M LCD monitors I bought new. They're about 7 yrs old and one just suddenly went black, green light still on. Switching power supplies did no good. I found a 3A fuse blown on the power supply board but no obvious "bad" caps or other suspect looking components. I replaced the fuse [same amp] and figured it would blow, but it did not. I now have a very momentary picture at start-up and if I turn it off, then on again. I went ahead and ordered all new caps and replaced them hoping that would be the fix but I have the same momentary picture. I'd really appreciate any help as I really like these monitors and I suspect the second monitor might do the same.
    Many Thanks
    Luckyjames

Re: Replacing cap's did not solve LCD monitor issue

Originally posted by luckyjames View Post
    I now have a very momentary picture at start-up and if I turn it off, then on again. I went ahead and ordered all new caps and replaced them hoping that would be the fix but I have the same momentary picture.
    See guide at

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...1&postcount=14

Start with section 4 and 5.

With 2 monitors, you should be able to narrow down the problem. Your working monitor can serve as the good/spare ccfl.

As for the new caps, what brand and series did you get?
    --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Working...
    X