MSI G41M-P33 no post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MSI G41M-P33 no post

So, I got this motherboard from Newegg. I put in 2Gb DDR2 and a Pentium D 830. Power supply is the famous Acbel unit from Hyper Microsystems. Last I know, the RAM was good and so was the CPU. When I turn it on, I get no video output, no keyboard lights, and no beep codes. The fans spin up. What could be wrong? I have no other 775 boards to test the CPU and RAM inm but they were in another system that I no longer have and they worked PERFECT in that system but I get NOTHING in this board.

Re: MSI G41M-P33 no post

Many G41M-P33 are still under warranty. Let MSI fix it.

I noticed that the Pentium D 830 is not listed in the CPU support table. That doesn't mean it doesn't work because the 820 and 805 are listed, just that you would view that board and processor combo with suspicion and get a second opinion from any processor listed in the table.

I also noticed that all Pentium D processors have a high G41M-P33 BIOS version requirement. You might want to try any processor that has the lowest possible BIOS requirement so that you can upgrade the BIOS to support Pentium D.

The Pentium 4 processor line didn't have many good performers with good power consumption and the Pentium D were the worst of the worst, no faster than the earlier models but way better as a space heater, a feature that won't seem nearly so good when summer comes. Now that the low end Core 2 Duo are dirt cheap I wouldn't consider putting a sluggard Pentium D in a board that nice.
    sig files are for morons

Comment

Good idea. I will try putting in a C2D E6600 and see what happens.

Comment

Alright, I tried that, here's the synopsis:

I plug it in. System turns on of own accord. Turns off again. Pause for 3 seconds. Repeat.

Maybe the settings are for DDR3 RAM? I have DDR2 in it.

Comment

Well, I'll be danged, it was the RAM! Thanks for your help anyway!

Comment

Working...
          X