Samsung corrupt mainboards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung corrupt mainboards

I have fixed quite a few main boards with bad eeproms/flash chips. I bought a GQ-4X programmer last month and have used it many times since. Notably, the first time I used it, I pulled the eeprom from an RCA LED24B45RQD and one from an LED50LB45RQ. Though the boards were slightly different, all the connectors were the same and the 50" board would work in the 24", at least as far as turning it on and OSD. The 24" would power on, light would change to blue, but nothing else. The 50" would come on, but the picture was staticky. Wanting to know if the problem was the eeprom or not, I took the eeproms from both boards, backed them up, then I put the 24" one on the 50" board. I put it in the 50" TV and it came on with the same problem. Now, here's where it gets interesting. I put the eeprom back on the board from the 24" and the TV works, and is still working today. All I can think of is that the 50" board somehow repaired it. I've also found that with eeproms from ShopJimmy, the important thing is your model number, board numbers and panel sticker numbers. You don't really have to match the firmware numbers. In my case, I found a $15 board from a 32" for the 50" and got an eeprom from SJ, but they didn't have the one with my firmware numbers. Everything else matched and it worked. My original eeprom was probably good, but I didn't want to wait another week if it hadn't been.
    ------------signature starts here------------

Comment

IC8001 SDP91, IC7301 4256BRP(24C256), IC3013 Sil9297BCNU and IC1006 S24CS02(24C02) from BN41-01444B causes faults on Samsung LED Tv C6xxx.
      The art of fighting without fighting

Comment

Thank you for the info everyone.

I have tried shorting sda and vcc upon turn on to get the processor to try and rewrite the eeprom on both 4256brp's.
        I didn't see eEPROMs for this board available on shop jimmy.

Comment

Which are the symptoms, of a corrupt EEPROM?

Comment

Indicator changing color but no sound, backlight, picture is one, and you would manually turn on the power supply and backlights to verify there's not some other problem. Sometimes the remote or key control won't work, but you would want to test them somehow too.
            Logo may be frozen.

Then, there's also NAND memories that get corrupted on some boards. That usually causes a boot loop. In the case of plasmas the screen may try to light, then cycle off and start again in a few seconds. I've had a few Sanyo DP50749s (version with Samsung PDP) do that and I bought a NAND programmer because I got tired of paying $30 for preprogrammed memories. I don't know if the LCDs act the same.

Comment

So for example, clicking ones can be corrupted EEPROM, or that problem is something else?

Comment

Originally posted by tibimakai View Post
                So for example, clicking ones can be corrupted EEPROM, or that problem is something else?
                Any symptom can be caused by multiple problems, but the ones which click on and off can be caused by corrupted firmware. Whether that's on an eeprom or a NAND memory depends on the TV.

Comment

My tv exhibits the following symptoms.

Powers on with remote.
                  Indicator light flashes and then shuts off.
                  No picture and the backlight does not turn on.
                  No longer responds to any button input from remote and touch sensor pad. But status light flashes with both.

Jumping the backlight to a 5v source does turn it on. However still no picture.

Pretty much verbatim to what lookimback described.
                  Last edited by sleepingAwake; 08-10-2015, 08:53 PM.

Comment

Sometimes if you look for your board at ShopJimmy, they will have the eeprom and tell you the symptoms it "may" fix.

Comment

I have tried on my B8000, but it did not work, since the 3.3V is on and off.

Comment

Originally posted by tibimakai View Post
                        I have tried on my B8000, but it did not work, since the 3.3V is on and off.
                        Maybe a bad Vreg, MOSFET, IC? I don't know what would be on the 3.3v rail. Maybe maybe the Vreg or it's feedback circuit, maybe whatever switches it on.
                        Last edited by lookimback; 08-10-2015, 09:16 PM.

Comment

A replacement main board brought the TV back to life.
                          At first the picture was upside down by accessing the service manual and changing the h/v setting corrected it.

I do have another question.
                          Would someone be able to the TYPE setting in their un46c6300sf and tell me what it's set too?

There are a few dozen choices and I'm not sure which one is correct.
                          Even better would be screenshots of the default settings within the service menu.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
                            Power supply works, main board doesn't activate PSON/BLON and all power and other circuits appear to be working on main board.
                            I think i have this case with my Samsun LED TV, long story. Anyway please some help needed what I have to check or do next..

Rear panel paper sticker

Model code: UE40D5707RKXXE
                            Version No: 06
                            S / N: Z8WA3SGBA00379W

Mainboard paper label and markings on the motherboard:
                            UE 40 D 5707 974B MAIN 1018.1 SUB1003
                            SK10BN9405225ED2U4BAQ0197

HIGH_X6_ATSC_DVB_LED
                            Code: BN41-01660B
                            Model: BN41-01660

I am a 60 years old unemployed electrician (radio amateur) and very interested in electronics and all kinds of gadgets repairing learning and hobby. Now I'm trying to familiarize themselves with LCD and LED
                            repair televisions. Catalysts exchanges PSU unit is a familiar thing to do and the same T-con controller bad connections, I even changed one AS15 district successfully T-con card.

Now came the Samsung 40 "LED TV on a more challenging problem when the TV went crazy for manual USB update After. I pressed Micom upgrade and thereafter became the wait .. I pulled the plug out, because nothing happened even though I waited for approx. 5-10 minutes. After this trick the TV is completely silent and not even the red LED on the front panel no longer shine. I can not get service menu any more info + menu + Mute + power combination. All voltage is OK, backlights are OK (tested by disconnect the motherboard to PSU cable). All hardware is ok but eeprom routines not.

I googled that wonderful measure would not be in any case got to do, because it violates the TV. One of the familiar TV-serviceman told that the same problem occur when PSU is broken then the eeprom can go haywire and the motherboard needs to be replaced. This has happened in at least some often some Samsung models.

1. Is there any possibility to get the TV back to life without replacing the entire motherboard? SamyGo site has a lot of story that Micom eeprom
                            can be restored back to life using a some procedure with Arduino
                            Ethernet Shield W5100 Network Expansion Board is.

This is very complicated to understand, especially when I do not know with certainty what EEPROM is it correct one to trying to revive and not necessarily even enough skills such a thing. I have any service manual is available. I suppose, however, that the correct IC circuit is IC901: ATMLH136 2ECL which adjoins the main logic board is ready for pads HRESET, WP, SCL, SDA, and GND, Am I any right track? Another possible the IC circuit is IC1203 S24CSO which is close to the picture Weltrend circuit and it can also be mixed or then those two.

2. Is there available service manual or some shematics for my case any sites?

4. What is the significance of the SW 1201 switches on the motherboard near the Weltrend IC circuit? The switch interval is now open. Can I try too close this pads manually?

5. Is it good idea to replace both ATMLH136 2ECL and S24CSO eeproms by new ones?

6. How to reset these eeproms right way? There is two different method in the SamyGo sites. Close to at start pins 5 and 6 and another is some grounding same pins one by one or connect 3.3v same pins.

7. I measure both eeproms voltages and they are similar result. Pins 1,2,3 and 4 are 0,0V and pins 5,6,7,8 are 3,3V at both eeproms when I plug AC ON. Is that marking somthing good or bad?

I would be very grateful if you could somehow help in this matter
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Pauliini View Post
                              I think i have this case with my Samsun LED TV, long story. Anyway please some help needed what I have to check or do next..

Rear panel paper sticker

Model code: UE40D5707RKXXE
                              Version No: 06
                              S / N: Z8WA3SGBA00379W

Mainboard paper label and markings on the motherboard:
                              UE 40 D 5707 974B MAIN 1018.1 SUB1003
                              SK10BN9405225ED2U4BAQ0197

HIGH_X6_ATSC_DVB_LED
                              Code: BN41-01660B
                              Model: BN41-01660

I am a 60 years old unemployed electrician (radio amateur) and very interested in electronics and all kinds of gadgets repairing learning and hobby. Now I'm trying to familiarize themselves with LCD and LED
                              repair televisions. Catalysts exchanges PSU unit is a familiar thing to do and the same T-con controller bad connections, I even changed one AS15 district successfully T-con card.

Now came the Samsung 40 "LED TV on a more challenging problem when the TV went crazy for manual USB update After. I pressed Micom upgrade and thereafter became the wait .. I pulled the plug out, because nothing happened even though I waited for approx. 5-10 minutes. After this trick the TV is completely silent and not even the red LED on the front panel no longer shine. I can not get service menu any more info + menu + Mute + power combination. All voltage is OK, backlights are OK (tested by disconnect the motherboard to PSU cable). All hardware is ok but eeprom routines not.

I googled that wonderful measure would not be in any case got to do, because it violates the TV. One of the familiar TV-serviceman told that the same problem occur when PSU is broken then the eeprom can go haywire and the motherboard needs to be replaced. This has happened in at least some often some Samsung models.

1. Is there any possibility to get the TV back to life without replacing the entire motherboard? SamyGo site has a lot of story that Micom eeprom
                              can be restored back to life using a some procedure with Arduino
                              Ethernet Shield W5100 Network Expansion Board is.

This is very complicated to understand, especially when I do not know with certainty what EEPROM is it correct one to trying to revive and not necessarily even enough skills such a thing. I have any service manual is available. I suppose, however, that the correct IC circuit is IC901: ATMLH136 2ECL which adjoins the main logic board is ready for pads HRESET, WP, SCL, SDA, and GND, Am I any right track? Another possible the IC circuit is IC1203 S24CSO which is close to the picture Weltrend circuit and it can also be mixed or then those two.

2. Is there available service manual or some shematics for my case any sites?

4. What is the significance of the SW 1201 switches on the motherboard near the Weltrend IC circuit? The switch interval is now open. Can I try too close this pads manually?

5. Is it good idea to replace both ATMLH136 2ECL and S24CSO eeproms by new ones?

6. How to reset these eeproms right way? There is two different method in the SamyGo sites. Close to at start pins 5 and 6 and another is some grounding same pins one by one or connect 3.3v same pins.

7. I measure both eeproms voltages and they are similar result. Pins 1,2,3 and 4 are 0,0V and pins 5,6,7,8 are 3,3V at both eeproms when I plug AC ON. Is that marking somthing good or bad?

I would be very grateful if you could somehow help in this matter
                              Hi, Pauliini! Did you find a solution for the TV board? I'm having the same problem (apparently corrupted EEPROM) and your feedback would help a lot! Thanks!

Comment

Hello, I have the same problem with a Samsung UE40D5520 SMART logo comes up and tv resets.
                                Anybody?

Comment

Tom by doing the test of the Power Board in a stand alone mode by disconnecting the CN801 Plug/Socket and grounding the PSon and confirming that the supply is stable and all voltages are as stated. Then doing a test pattern with the Logic Board link in place while the LVDS Cable is disconnected and confirming the test patterns run satisfactory. Is that good enough to confirm that any clicking of the relay on the Power Board when all is reinstated is derived from a faulty Main Board via the PSon connection. Is it possible to complete any further tests on the Main Board to indicate the root cause of the problem? Or is the only option to send for repair or replacement?

Comment

I apologize for the reply to an old msg however I wanted to see if anyone has been able to debug this one???

I must admit that I too fell victim to the looping MICOM update on the same set as above. I replaced the set but tucked it away for a rainy day fix as it can't be that complicated can it??

Comment

Originally posted by goontron View Post
                                      it could also be a bad ram chip because i have seen the kernel do wacky things with bad ram, yah know, exec of /sbin/init failed!!! which results in Kernel panic - not syncing: Attempted to kill init', but whats worse is when it says 'Kernel panic - syncing:' then you just written your HDD with crap or you tv's flash chip or the fstab is broken...
                                      Or with what I think was a bad RAM slot, KDE randomly giving me a pop-up with the message "file not found", even when nothing was deleted...
                                      ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

I have the situation involving no BLU ON or PWM DIM as well as low OD LEVEL and OD ON with a Samsung main board # BN94 = 05113E / BN97 - 06022C and ordered a known to function used replacement. Would there be any possibility of someone knowledgeable to perhaps try and fix a possible eeprom issue if that is the reason for failure?

Are some of these Samsung main boards more problematic than those from other brands?

Comment

Originally posted by victor_cj View Post
                                          IC8001 SDP91, IC7301 4256BRP(24C256), IC3013 Sil9297BCNU and IC1006 S24CS02(24C02) from BN41-01444B causes faults on Samsung LED Tv C6xxx.
                                          If I may revive an old thread, what should be done after replacing S24CS0 and 4256BRP? The new chips would be empty so how to flash new firmware? I did search a lot but couldn't find a way that would work if the tv cannot be turned on.

Comment

Working...
                                          X