Samsung LN46A650 bad T-con??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung LN46A650 bad T-con??

Hello Badcaps experts! I have a Samsung LN46A650 that definitely had a bad T-Con. The TV would turn on, make the chime noise, and then turn off (no chime) and cycle over and over. If I unplugged the T-Con, then the TV would turn on and stay on with good back light. So, I bought a replacement T-Con...

Now, the TV turns on and stays on AND I get a picture BUT ... the picture is messed up. It has horizontal lines (almost like static interference) running through it. After a while it will stabilize and give a good picture and then a little while later the lines will come back. There picture is 'solarized' as well. See attached photos. I've also included a video here: http://******/2mBIun8

Did I get another bad t-con? Or do you think it's something else?

Thanks!!
    --Dave
    Attached Files

Re: Samsung LN46A650 bad T-con??

I think there's a plague around in that someone is selling bad tcons, just for sure are you able to make a pair of hires pictures to the as15 soldering on new tcon? 45 degrees is the inclination to watch it, you can take all the pins in two photos. Bye.

Comment

I would say bad tcon replacement. 1st before this, try cleaning the LVDS cable contacts, both sides with a pencil eraser.
      Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Comment

Yes i always forget that the lvds cable can be dirt after not careful handling..

Comment

Thanks, gents. I tried cleaning the LVDS cable. No luck. I've contacted the seller and requested a replacement t-con. This seller (electroparts warehouse) is usually very reliable, so I'm kind of surprised to get a bad board from them, but I'm confident they will rectify the situation. Will let you know when I get the replacement.

Comment

Sorry i've said as15, i'm confused, maybe that tv has not as15, that model mounts i think AUO panel or Samsung panel, i'm unable to see the video. For me it can be also bad lvds cable.
            Last edited by Davi.p; 01-17-2018, 04:19 AM.

Comment

Update: I received a replacement t-con from the seller this weekend. The new t-con was also defective and worse than the first. With this t-con I got no picture on the screen, but once in a while a vertical bar would light up purple. I also noted that this t-con was missing its heatsink.

The seller is sending me another replacement.

Comment

Update: Received 3rd replacement T-con today. It exhibited the same behavior as the 1st replacement I ordered (interference / solarization).

I noted that when I bumped the LVDS cable the interference/solarization seemed to clear up. So, I wiggled the cable and was able to cause/eliminate the problem depending on the position of the cable. I wasn't able to determine if the LVDS cable is the problem, or the connector on the t-con, but in the end I taped the LVDS cable to the panel using some metal tape and all is well! This leads me to believe my original t-con and the 2nd replacement were both definitely BAD and the 1st and 3rd replacements are likely good.

Anyways, the TV is working perfectly now, so we conclude this story Thanks for the help!

Comment

Working...
                X