Corsair VX550

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Corsair VX550

Has anyone recapped one of these and have a cap list? I wanted to freshen mine up since it's getting old and it's my main pc so trying to cut downtime. All i can find is that they use UCC KZE or atleast on of them. It also has a UCC primary vs the hitachi but not sure on the revision.

If no one has I'll make a list soon.

Re: Corsair VX550

It heavily depends on which version that actually is, there is so many of them…so I am afraid you'll have to look inside and see…
    Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Exclusive caps, meters and more!
    Hardware Insights - power supply reviews and more!

Comment

Originally posted by junktv View Post
      Has anyone recapped one of these and have a cap list? I wanted to freshen mine up since it's getting old and it's my main pc so trying to cut downtime. All i can find is that they use UCC KZE or atleast on of them. It also has a UCC primary vs the hitachi but not sure on the revision.

If no one has I'll make a list soon.
      If I'm not mistaken they used NCC capacitors on the whole supply. It shouldn't need recapping.
      Popcorn.

Comment

Just for maintenance, I recapped my VX450 (post). All the old caps tested fine, they were top quality UCC as I recall.
        Not sure how similar the two PSU's (VX550 and VX450) are.

Made a mistake and didn't buy 10mm dia. skinny caps. Had to stuff the 12.5mm dia parts in. That was no fun.
        So I did not post my cap list, but still have it.

Comment

This psu has been on 24/7 for around 8-10 years in a smokers environment. Seems worth the 10-15 bucks to have it like new again.

I can only see a couple caps looking in from the fan and they look fine but the ones under the heatsinks may not. Have some ky, pw and other randoms on hand if any look real bad. I'll just pull it apart to get a list then put it back together while i wait on new ones.

Comment

Well all i can say is there are 3 16v 2200uf ???(thinking kze) in the back by the cable pass through and a 10v 2200uf ky in the front. First time i've not seen a bulging caps. I'll wait till it needs em to pull it apart.

This is rather packed in there and didn't feel like taking it apart to make a list. I did find a new cleaner though LA's totally awesome is ....well awesome even at 50/50 cleaner /water. No scrubbing just a few sprays,let it sit and sprayed with hot water then a bath in distilled water.

Sorry for not making a list when i planned to.

The adda fan in this one has bearings that are "maintenance free" so you can't pull the covers and repack them. Another adda fan of about the same vintage had clips for the dust covers and i was able to clean the dried grease that wasn't lubing and put new in.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by junktv; 04-09-2017, 09:53 PM.

Comment

Now you know why smoking is bad - really bad and what it does to your lungs and shit...

Either way we can't see much with this design because heatsinks obstruct everything important...
              +12V should be close to the transformer on that plattform...
              And those caps aren't easily spotted either...
              Last edited by Stefan Payne; 04-09-2017, 11:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X