some additional about it8586e marked lenovo chip programming errors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

some additional about it8586e marked lenovo chip programming errors

I´ve been in the last days doing extensive research about programming ite chips, but cannot find too much info on the subject. No datasheet available of it85xx or it89xx series available, only schematics with pinout diagram, so is not so easy. Anyway, maybe somebody struggles like me trying to flash this chips. With rt809h programmer last update December 2019 got same results. For some reason IT8586e marked lenovo from 2 different lenovo MBs, nm-a311 and NM-a181, if i try to read the chip online (with flex cable attached to keyboard connector) programmer enters a loop error waiting chip to enter ISP status and some lines later ID verification error, i mapped all pins, used listed pinouts included in the programmer software and configured new ones, checked connections from programmer directly to the IT chip pin by pin many times,made all recommended methods unplugging mb plugging after read etc, same result, same error. flied pin 100 to ground, in one of them had a fixed resistor 10k to gnd but did it anyway like is recommended in some post of rt809h forum if u get this type of error, same result. The interesting thing is one of this MBs (NM-a311) was working perfectly booting SO and all. Maybe something wrong with algorithm for accessing chip??Only guessing, i saw some documentation of Vertyanov programmer and it said pins KSI5 and KSI4 are used for activating ISP interface, maybe with rt809h depending on MB or chip something is not well optimized??again only guessing . Now, i soldered directly on the ITE interface adaptor V1.5 a previously programmed Lenovo CHIP IT8586e from a faulty MB but i knew it was OK, had a video card issue. Now the interesting crazy thing begins, READ it perfectly rechecked 3 4 times all files saved identical, so communication offline with chip was perfect. Upload the new ec dump for nm-a181 i downloaded earlier, programmed the chip, perfect, verified OK, so far all was perfect. And then press read, and got read timeout error,forever, no more recognizing the chip, after writing code chip was no longer available for programmer.Is it possible this Lenovo chips have any kind of pretected mode or a flag in the firmware that after being flashed enter a blocked MODE, this is maybe crazy or stupid to think, but i´m out of ideas. Finally after several attempts, extracted chip out of interface, soldered in MB NM-A181 motherboard i wanted to fix, and voila, MBs works perfect, i enter bios, changed configs, boot windows, all is working smoothly. Now i´m happy i could fix it, but i´m more confused than before and have LOTS of more doubts. Only sharing my expirience, maybe someone can contribute with a new approach, Thanks in advance

Re: some additional about it8586e marked lenovo chip programming errors

Plz advice a newb. Don't mind my newb question..

But here I have a smoked IT8502E and I got a donor chip from a different board, different model. Can it be swapped or do I have to program that thing??

Comment

it8502 can be swaped, it is not programmable,it is an old model of ITE i think, i'm not
      in my workshop in the moment, i'll check later but i'm 80% sure, if i find different i let u know, what motherboard are u repairing???

Comment

Originally posted by u666sa View Post
        Plz advice a newb. Don't mind my newb question..

But here I have a smoked IT8502E and I got a donor chip from a different board, different model. Can it be swapped or do I have to program that thing??
        IT8502-Not programmable-100% sure.

Comment

Need help about what ksi pin # should be connected to cs, din,dout and clk of low budget spi programmer via jtag on motherboard connector. Cant find complete datasheet about pinout. Thanks in advance

Comment

Hello dear

Did you findout finally
            How to program it8586e with rt809h
            With flex cable

I have same problem
            Exactlly same
            Last edited by piernov; 04-13-2022, 02:40 AM. Reason: Remove full quote of op

Comment

Hi i have heard you need to extra ground the programmer when you got errors. Try this please and report

Comment

Originally posted by shh-phd View Post
                Hello dear

Did you findout finally
                How to program it8586e with rt809h
                With flex cable

I have same problem
                Exactlly same
                After lot.of errors and trials I arrived to the conclusion rt809h implementation is faulty for communication protocol with ITE chips, sometimes it works for some seconds, sometimes it doesn't and at the end, I assume bad communication protocols implementation. I ordered vertyanov programmer and it's the best for all kind of KBC chips of all brands, never had more issues

Comment

Working...
                X