Vizio E60u-D3. Will not come on. No Stand-By light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vizio E60u-D3. Will not come on. No Stand-By light

Set will not come on when I press the power button.

Verified it is getting 120v to the set.
    Checked the fuse on the P/S board. Its good.

Here is what I get when I check the voltages on the connector between the p/s and the main board with 120VAC power connected.

Pin# (Name) Voltage
    1(VSNS) 0
    11(+16VS) 16
    12(AC-DET)1.9
    13(PS-ON)0
    14(+16VS)16
    15(+16VS)16

Pressing the "power on" button does not change any of these voltages.

Trying to determine if I have a problem with the p/s board or main board. I think it is the p/s since there is PS-ON is 0volts.
    Attached Files

Re: Vizio E60u-D3. Will not come on. No Stand-By light

PS-ON signal comes from the mainboard.

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
      PS-ON signal comes from the mainboard.
      So the Mainboard is probably the issue? Anything else to check to confirm this is the issue?

Thanks

Comment

It's a main board issue as nomoresonys already mentioned. Pson comes from the main IC on the main board. The fact of no stby light is caused by a faulty main IC, or simply the main IC doesn't get any power. So follow the power to see if it enters the main board and goes to the main IC. If it does, then the main IC is bad. If it does not, I guess something is burnt out / an open circuit.

Comment

I replaced the main board. Now when I turn on the power, the screeen tries to come on for about 5 seconds or so, but then goes off for a few seconds, then back on again for about 5 seconds. It does this several times then just doesnt come back on again. Here is what I am getting on the connector going between the P/S and the main board.

Power OFF -
          Pin# (Name) Voltage
          1(VSNS) 0
          11(+16VS) 16
          12(AC-DET)1.9
          13(PS-ON)0
          14(+16VS)16
          15(+16VS)16

Power ON -
          Pin# (Name) Voltage
          1(VSNS) 2.4 VDC (for 8 sec, then goes to 0, then back to 2.4....repeats)
          11(+16VS) 16
          12(AC-DET)1.9
          13(PS-ON)5.09
          14(+16VS)16
          15(+16VS)16

I also have a p/s board that I got from ShopJimmy. Put it in and the set does the same thing. Does not change the voltage values that I gave above.

Any ideas? Only board left is the T-con and the board with the power and volume buttons on it.

Comment

Maybe unhook backlight plug from powerboard, see if voltages get stable.

Comment

Now you have a problem with the backlight leds. The VSNS probably is in sync with the backlights turning on and off.

Comment

I tried unplugging the LED and the T-Con board and the cylcling continued. The only thing left that was plugged into the main board was the speakers. So I unpuged them and the cycling stopped. I reconnected the T-Con and the LED and I now have an image on the screen. The display is no where near correct, but at least I do have an image. I reconnected the speakers and now it does not cycle.

The rest of the warning is on the other side of the dispay. Obviously, this is not correct. There is not but one other board left. I really dont think the problem is the LEDs, but I guess it is possible.

Suggestions?

Thanks.
                Attached Files

Comment

So what do you get when you try to play a source, tv, dvd player?

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
                    So what do you get when you try to play a source, tv, dvd player?
                    Here is what I get with a Direct TV reciever connected.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Did you try updating the firmware?

Comment

Maybe try a factory reset, any time I see fluctuating voltages or cycling, I check the solder joints, sometimes they look good but are not, look closely at the solder joints of components on heatsinks and transformer legs they take a lot of abuse, of course it won't always be a bad joint but like Karl Childers does, why not check the easy things first, sometimes that's what's wrong. As always BE VERY CAREFUL what you touch on powerboard, DEADLY voltage on HOT side.
                        Last edited by nomoresonys; 12-12-2019, 10:34 PM.

Comment

I can check the solder joints, but I have replaced both the Power board and the main board. I guess the board could be bad.

Already tried the Factory reset (unplug and hold in power-on for 10 sec).

Have not done a firmware update. Will have to research how to do that.

Comment

(unplug and hold in power-on for 10 sec). That's just a quick reset, not a factory reset.

Comment

See if that helps: https://support.vizio.com/s/article/...language=en_US

Comment

Updated the firmware and that did not help. Will try the factory reset.
                                Thanks

Comment

Factory reset did not help either. When I go to the System setting and look at the details, it says the model is a E70u-d3, which is a 70in screen. I figure that is why the screen image is so messed up. I dont see any wy to tell it the screen size. Figure it gets that info from the screen or other board.

Any other thoughts on what I could try?

Here is a sample of what the acreen looks like. Ots messed up pretty bad.
                                  Attached Files

Comment

you have to go into the service menu and set the correct panel.

Comment

I found these instructions to get to the service menu. My TV only has Power, Vol+, Vol- and Input buttons on the back and my remote does not have a MENU or EXIT button, so I could not do any of the steps I found.

I posted a pic of my XRT-132 remote.

Is there another way to get to the service menu on the model E60u-D3?

Thanks.

Method 1
                                      Turn The TV off.
                                      Press and hold the {CH +} & {CH -} buttons on the TV.
                                      Then press and release the {POWER} button on the TV.
                                      Release the {CH +} & {CH -} buttons.
                                      Now press the {MENU} button on the remote.
                                      You should get your regular menu up, but with a "F" in the bottom right corner of the menu (This is for factory).
                                      Press and hold the {MENU} button for few seconds.
                                      The Service Menu will be displayed.

Method 2
                                      Turn The TV off.
                                      Press and hold the {CH +} & {CH -} buttons on the TV.
                                      Then press and hold the {POWER} button on the TV.
                                      Keep all three buttons pressed for few seconds.
                                      Now press the {MENU} button on the remote.
                                      You should get your regular menu up, but with a "F" in the bottom right corner of the menu (This is for factory).
                                      Press and hold the {MENU} button for few seconds.

Method 3
                                      Press and hold the {EXIT} button on the remote for 3 seconds then release it.
                                      Then press the {1} {2} {3} buttons on the remote.
                                      To exit, press the {EXIT} button.

Method 4
                                      Press the {MENU} {2} {4} {8} {9} buttons on the remote.

Method 5
                                      Press the {MENU} {1} {2} {3} buttons on the remote.
                                      Attached Files

Comment

Wonder if you could use a universal remote to try the procedure.
                                        Last edited by nomoresonys; 12-19-2019, 08:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                        X