This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Greetings from an electronics enthusiast.

Comment

Hello, I've been getting into electronics the last couple of years and am currently attempting to repair a HP zr2440w monitor that's having LED backlight issues. I recapped the SMPS board in it and that didn't resolve the issue, so I'm hoping to get more ideas of where to proceed on here.

Comment

Greetings, fellows electronics geeks and low level hardware enthusiasts,
        I'm a brazilian electrical engineer trying to find the golden pot at the end of the rainbow, full with schematics and hints about how to fix the magic behind the silicon sands, that once filled our life with joy.
        Thanks in advance for the help and attention
        Pellini

Comment

Once in Moria, i said "friend" and entered.

Here, it take a few more minutes for the goblins to update the databases.

Ok, I remenber... "Patience you must have my young padawan"

Greetings to you all

Comment

Hi,I'm an old UK telly technician and electrician since the days of valves ( or tubes).

Comment

Hi,I'm also a technician who wants to learn something from users of this good forum.

Comment

am a technicien in electronic , thanks for all by changing tips fault

Comment

hi all,
                  I'm not a tech guru, far from it. but I like to fix things myself and I'm willing to learn with guidence and patience. I found this forum in my quest to defeat the 6 blinks of death on the Panasonic th-42pz77u that seems to be so prevalent. Like I said, I am no electronics guy but I can follow instructions really well and I have tools and a multi-meter! thanks for your help...I'll post my question with pictures...

Comment

Hi.

Wandered in here via a google search, looking to see if a Sylvania 6626LCT LCD TV might be repairable.

Been a minor electronics hobbyist for 40+ years, and had success rejuvenating a 24" LCD TV a couple of years ago with a dozen or so new caps from Mouser after guessing that was the issue (became familiar with the "bad caps" phenomenon when my cheap ECS PC motherboard suffered a lingering death - instead of tacking the dozen blown caps on that baby, replaced it with a NOS eBay find).

Hoping to maybe find some simple answers here for repairing the Sylvania.

Comment

A most promising-looking forum! I found it during a google search for a service manual on the Akai PDP4294 Plasma set. Thankfully, looks like someone's found a PDF of it.

Component-level repair and (if needed) reverse-engineering: Two of my favorite things to take on, all in the spirit of 'Reduce, Reuse, Recycle!' Any place I can find to help share knowledge-nuggets, so much the better. 'Disposable Economy,' my keester!

My thanks to the forum creators for providing this space. Keep the peace(es).

Comment

Found this web site accidentally. A guy on a web site I use is selling a problematical Panasonic plasma (a TX-P42ST30B). He describes the problem thus:

"Basically, if the picture is displaying black, there's a row of bright, multi-coloured pixels most of the way across the screeen in the bottom third of the panel. The brighter and more complex the image being displayed on that area of the screen, the more the line fades, and sometimes it disappears entirely (second picture in the linked thread).

Cosmetically, the TV is in very good condition, and I have the box and remote. I have no idea if the issue is a five minute fix for someone who knows what they are doing, or is irreparable without changing the whole panel."

I wandered ont this site seeking the answer to the question of what might be wrong with it, whether it might be easy to repair and if so, how much it might cost.

Comment

Greetings from Ottawa, Canada. I'm very pleased to find that badcaps includes so many interesting sub-forums. I'm wrestling with a Acer Aspire E1 laptop at the component level and came across a couple of potentially helpful threads. Attempting to download a V1 of the schematic (I have V0.2) prompted my registration.

I'm a retired electrical engineer by training who has done very little engineering since graduating 50 years ago from the University of Waterloo. My career has mostly been in the computer industry one way or another and I currently own and operate a small computer repair and data recovery business. Before attending university, I graduated from a community college in Electronics Engineering Technology, which provided most of my electronics repair training.

Anyway, good to be here with you.

Comment

hi
                            I am a computer technician from Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina.
                            greetings to all the people on the forum.
                            krmpotic

Comment

Hello

I am a hobbyist who sometimes break working equipment (not on purpose!)

Comment

Greeting for M8s
                                I m Taha From Tunisia Electronics hobbyist i found badcaps.com while searching for instructions on how to repair Plasma TVs, instantly knew this could be one of the best forums to get in touch with grade A electronic services professionals. hope to last here and be an active member
                                Cheers

Comment

Got myself a Toshiba Portégé r600 with broken screen, missing RAM and HDD.

After fixing the screen it appears the system is password locked. So I'm here to check is anybody has advice for rummaging around in the M24C08 / 408WP EEPROM chip that stores BIOS settings.

Comment

Hi!

I got a broken Monitor and I'm looking for help. Hopefully someone else with the same symptoms will find it helpful if I manage to fix my screen.

Comment

Hi there folks, Im an AV technician from Scotland..
                                      I have Always been into Electronics from an early age, and when I was fired by a Company (Robertsons Electrical), I was a Bench engineer, as well as a Field service engineer too..
                                      I am looking forwards to being part of the Forum...
                                      Many Regards, A~BT

Comment

Greetings everyone,

Im a preschool teachers coach, who once did technocal collage and still mess up hardware.
                                        I found this cool forum through Google, trying to fix a older Sony 5.1 receiver with a minor defective.

Nice meeting you all. : )

Nb please beware english is not my primary language.

Comment

Hi im kieran, im new to this and experiencing some problems with a tv of mine, hope I get some help on here. Thanks guys

Comment

Working...
                                          X