Linksys SRW2048

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Linksys SRW2048

Here are some photos of Linksys SRW2048 (now Cisco small business series) 48 port 10/100/1000 managed ethernet switch.

http://www.volf.si/gallery/v/srw2048/

I have already ordered 16ZL1500M12.5X20 RUBYCONs and EEUFM0J152 PANASONICs to replace those ugly STONEs. The big ones (16Vs) do not look bad but I will replace them also.

The switch was acting realy weird on the network. Many timeouts but no high percentage of errors in RMON statistics. I have also seen quite a few other users on the internet having similar problems. I guess bad caps are the major reason for these units failing.

The switch is two years old and it is still in warranty (5 years). Our distributors policy is to send every failed unit back to Linksys and replace the failed one with a brand new one. Guess what. I do not want a new unit with crappy caps. I rather fix it myself and sleep peacefully. Diagnosing problems on network when units do not faill completely is a major pain in the ass because there are so many factors involved.

I will not sell any Linksys switch again. I have opened a Netgear ProSafe series wireless controller WFS709TP. Wow. Large Rubycon in PSU all other caps on the mainboard are Sanyos. I guess Netgear ProSafe is a much higher quality product in this league of products.

And Linksys Business series is now Cisco Small Business. Shame on Cisco for putting it's name on such products. It would be better for them not overcharging for basic Catalysts than signing crappy Linksys products.

But after all, i still love WRT-54GL! There are HERMEI caps in them. I do not know how long will they last. So far I haven't had a single unit failed and I have deployed quite many of them.

Great forum. Best regards from Slovenia.

Joze Volf
    iLab d.o.o.

Re: Linksys SRW2048

i did 6 of those switches onsite on an emergency job a few weeks ago.
    the power went off due to wind and once they cooled off they would not come up again.major oh shit! moment for the customer.along with the generator i fixed too.it was new from when ike came through here.one of those chinese $300 wonders.as in wonder how long before it blows up!
    cheap caps and stale gas=big trouble!

Comment

WRT54GL is indeed marvelous when running DD-WRT.

Comment

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I also have a SRW2048 with blown caps. I'm new to all this DIY cap swapping, but though I'd give it a shot. Could anyone provide me the replacement part numbers for Rubycon Caps. I take it one of the 2 types is: 16ZL1500M12.5X20, but where Jozevolf used panasonic, I was going to stick with all Rubycon. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Witt0

Comment

Originally posted by Witt0 View Post
          Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I also have a SRW2048 with blown caps. I'm new to all this DIY cap swapping, but though I'd give it a shot. Could anyone provide me the replacement part numbers for Rubycon Caps. I take it one of the 2 types is: 16ZL1500M12.5X20, but where Jozevolf used panasonic, I was going to stick with all Rubycon. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Witt0
          Can't find any that good sellers sell them, not even BCN. So here is a link to a cap you can use, its made by Panasonic, but its even better than the Rubycon you specified, and its diameter is smaller.

http://search.digikey.com/us/en/prod...399-ND/2433533

-Ben
          Muh-soggy-knee

Comment

yes I love WRT54GL, the best router ever!!
            although, it's only 54g! I still like it the best! Very stable!

Comment

got one of these for free, gonna get the 16ZL1500M12.5X20 RUBYCONs and EEUFM0J152 PANASONICs like OP, hope to report back.

Comment

the EEUFM0J152 are 10mm they are 2mm bigger than the Teapo 1500uf 6.3Vs. i suppose with some finagling.

EDIT: might suggest hitting up digi key or ebay and looking by uf and voltage rating and checking the size instead of flat out ordering by model/mfg number.
                Last edited by cdoublejj; 01-06-2018, 04:53 PM.

Comment

use EEUFR0J152L

Comment

Working...
                  X