Quasar SQ5500u Led backlight failure.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quasar SQ5500u Led backlight failure.

I presently have a Quasar SQ5500U television with backlight failure but I am unable to find a service manual for this tv.Can anyone say where I can find this manual?

Re: Quasar SQ5500u Led backlight failure.

A bit late to the party here, but I would like to add some input here. I got 3 of these family of TVs in and 2 were SQ5501u models. Only one PSU had bad caps, but the other two had multiple bad LEDs in the strips. Since the LCD panel itself isn't in a bracket for easy removal, you are going to need at least 2 sets of hands to avoid cracking it. Even then, expect a gamble. Wear gloves, have clean hands and have a nice soft, flat spot handy to place the LCD panel (I use a workbench with a shipping blanket over it).

Using a $20-25 LED tester will help a ton in locating the bad strips. Probably just going to combine 2 of the TVs into one working unit. Keep in mind that the wire lengths for the LED harness are really wonky and to check to make sure the sheet metal from the TV back isn't cutting into and shorting the LED wires out.

If there is a service manual for these things, I would be pretty surprised. Brands like LG, Sony, Samsung and other 'name brands' tend to have an interest in working with their technicians. With Quasar, I think they just do replacements instead of repairs. I could be wrong, but that seems to be the case with economy brands.

Don't let that deter you nonetheless.

Comment

Working...
    X