Lg 60lf6100 is the screen gone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lg 60lf6100 is the screen gone?

Someone gave me this ..said there kid tossed something at it..no cracks on the screen that I can notice..does the screen look like its finished..ghosting in the corner where there is light .
    Attached Files

Re: Lg 60lf6100 is the screen gone?

Managed to crack it open..found all three of the hdmi plugs fell off...I get no sound..the screen is unresponsive when hooked up to satellite..
    Attached Files

Comment

Here's a video......https://youtu.be/okxdBx-L8Es

Comment

freeze the gamma chip ..
        that low level hum needs investigating

Comment

Bad panel.
          Try having ribbon cable between panel and the T-CON board connected one at a time to see if you can even get half of the screen to work.
          Last edited by budm; 08-19-2018, 07:07 PM.
          Never stop learning
          Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
          http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Tried one side.. still messed up..tried the other.
            No pic..can only use red yellow white av cables as the hdmi plugs popped off..

Comment

I have re seated the cables..all of them..I'll send more pics on that mainboard...see which one I have to freeze...I have a heatgun..maby slightly heating the chip would work better...

Comment

Originally posted by jackfish View Post
                Tried one side.. still messed up..tried the other.
                No pic..can only use red yellow white av cables as the hdmi plugs popped off..
                :-( you are likely not going to be successful.

one side works but the other side gets nothing, usually indicates a bad side / panel. My guess, the side that doesn't cause a picture is the right side (looking from the front).... meaning disconnecting the left side leaves you with no picture...based on the posted picture which appears to show issues with the bottom right.

It is rather strange that all the hdmi sockets fell off... you might want to take a close look at the main board (which I assume is where they came from) and check to make sure that whatever traces / tracks are there, are not shorted in some fashion. IF you post a clearer picture of the main board only some one may see something obvious.
                Last edited by budwich; 08-20-2018, 12:05 PM.

Comment

Being a newbie I unplugged the top of the tcon and not the bottom..here are some more pics..
                  Attached Files

Comment

The main boRd looks kinda messed up..the hdmi plugs dont even look like they were soldered correctly..the are four places where they are soldered to the board..the front to holes dont even look filled

Comment

what is that stray component hanging off the large heat sink ?

Comment

That's glue..must have been installed that way...I resoldered the hdmi plugs..but since the screen is messed up..cant see which if any work..

Comment

the first picture of the two screen shots....tells the story. As suggested, the bottom right corner of the panel "took a shot" which didn't crack the screen but caused a "connection issue" on the tabs on the bottom / side of the set. It is unlikely that you can save the panel... but you can try. Are there side edge boards connected to the panel along each side... much like the bottom edge boards? IF so, you might try disconnecting the cabling that runs between the bottom edge board and the side edge board... look in the corner on that side.
                          Last edited by budwich; 08-20-2018, 04:38 PM.

Comment

I'll take a look.. I fixed a 70 inch tv where you have to replace the tcon and RIP off the tabs on one side recently thanks to this web site..

Comment

yes that potentially is a "save technique"... BUT it is likely not a tcon issue for this particular set. Again, check the tabs in the bottom corner along with the design of the side connections... you might get lucky but I suspect not as LG's are a bit different.

Comment

The glass maybe broken on the right bottom border, if there are tabs, rip off the bottom right, if there are no tabs you can try to cut the glass gently along only the border outside the pixels area.

Comment

Think it's dead...the are 4 tabs on the side..each with an ic chip..there are vertical lines in that area..pulled the tab off there...it is still doing the Same thing..but looks a little better on the left side..still freezing and weird colors..the white area went away slightly..its darker but white around the boarder in that area..

Comment

There's a last try, locate the panel vcc on the tcon, it is usually 3,3v and goes to the panel's boards, follow it on both boards, then try to cut the lines just before them goes to the outer flat on the tracks that doesn't enter the cof chip but passes through and goes to the glass to the side tabs, try to switch tv on and off thenre join the cutted traces and switch tv on.

Comment

If the panel only has tabs on one side, you can't pull tabs to make it work - that will just kill it for good.
                                      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                                      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

from yours uploaded video, the LCD version doesn't match LCD driver in firmware
                                        1- wrong firmware
                                        2- some one play with service menu
                                        don't play with LCD at all leave it look on this matter,

Comment

Working...
                                        X