Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sharp Aquos LC-70LE650U Turns on and works but displays is slow

Originally posted by budwich View Post
    although the test of removing the tcon to panel cables is good... it doesn't tell all the story as you can't see what if anything is happening on the "disconnected half". A better test is to look for the small ribbon cable at the bottom corner of the panel... it connects the bottom edge boards to the side edge boards. This cable in "unpluggable" allowing you to disconnect it / reconnect it carefully. This will isolate the side of the panel from the bottom and you will get a better picture of what is happening as there should no longer be a "white half". try that "test" and post the results. go from there.
    budwich , thank you so much for the quick response, sir!

I just tested disconnecting small ribbon cable at the bottom corner of the panel. Now I can see right side of the screen (no more white) while the ribbon cable is disconnected, however, slow response and darker background.

After reconnecting the small ribbon cable, tv came back to the previous state, no backlight and 3-long 1-short error code on the led.

Thank you again for the help, much appreciated!
    Attached Files

Comment

ok.... the problem that I have is I don't actually know EXACTLY what the display is supposed to show since you have a "splash" of netflix (menu?). I normally would use a well defined "test pattern" (ie. color bars).... then things that aren't supposed to be there are easy to spot... ie. lines, color shifts, etc. Anyways, IF I look at the last picture there are some horizontal lines at the bottom that I think don't belong.... similarly, the second picture also appears to show the same lines. IF SO, then this is likely a "panel failure" whereby the side tabs of the panel on the "dark side" have an issue... likely near the bottom tab. It is strange that the "tv menu" appears to "clean them"... maybe because it has a dark background. Your pictures don't show the full screen but do those lines fade somewhat as they get across to the other side?

Basically, what you are seeing is that with the corner cable disconnected, the set is running only with the tabs of the other side... it can do this. However, because the "bad side" tabs are still connected to the side of the panel, they are loading down the "good side" tabs. Hence, the picture is darker on that side. Do not run the set like this much as it will likely cause a problem for the "good tabs".

NOTE: your pictures ARE NOT the same as kimbrelt post a bit earlier in this thread... his shows NO horizontal lines and hence a tcon replacement was a solution as opposed to tab removal.

Basically, you can "save" your set by removing all of the side tabs on the bad side. The darkness will go away along with the horizontal lines hopefully and ultimately the picture will be "almost as good as new". There are lots of threads on the forum about this save. Search and read. The removal is relatively easy but can not be reversed so you need to be sure that this is what you want to do / need to do.
      Last edited by budwich; 06-21-2018, 06:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by budwich View Post
        ok.... the problem that I have is I don't actually know EXACTLY what the display is supposed to show since you have a "splash" of netflix (menu?). I normally would use a well defined "test pattern" (ie. color bars).... then things that aren't supposed to be there are easy to spot... ie. lines, color shifts, etc. Anyways, IF I look at the last picture there are some horizontal lines at the bottom that I think don't belong.... similarly, the second picture also appears to show the same lines. IF SO, then this is likely a "panel failure" whereby the side tabs of the panel on the "dark side" have an issue... likely near the bottom tab. It is strange that the "tv menu" appears to "clean them"... maybe because it has a dark background. Your pictures don't show the full screen but do those lines fade somewhat as they get across to the other side?

Basically, what you are seeing is that with the corner cable disconnected, the set is running only with the tabs of the other side... it can do this. However, because the "bad side" tabs are still connected to the side of the panel, they are loading down the "good side" tabs. Hence, the picture is darker on that side. Do not run the set like this much as it will likely cause a problem for the "good tabs".

NOTE: your pictures ARE NOT the same as kimbrelt post a bit earlier in this thread... his shows NO horizontal lines and hence a tcon replacement was a solution as opposed to tab removal.

Basically, you can "save" your set by removing all of the side tabs on the bad side. The darkness will go away along with the horizontal lines hopefully and ultimately the picture will be "almost as good as new". There are lots of threads on the forum about this save. Search and read. The removal is relatively easy but can not be reversed so you need to be sure that this is what you want to do / need to do.
        Thank you so much for your time and help, budwich! I was able to remove side tabs and works like new Looks like one of the IC was bad with dark surround, similar to the link below.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...7&postcount=17

Again, thanks a bunch. I was able to save the TV, my daughter is the happiest today
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by m4a2t0t View Post
          The left side is perfect other than the vertical line.

I was pressing on the tabs and one of them was very hot while all others were not. This is on the right side bottom.
          I have the exact same tv and problem. One of those little IC's is so hot to the touch, it burned my finger. I disconnected the left side boards at the lower left corner and the picture is at least on the screen and not an error code now.

How did you make the repair from this point?

Can Just that tab be removed (from the panel and the board) or do I have to remove all the tabs from the left side of the panel?
          Last edited by mikehammel; 08-19-2018, 06:32 PM. Reason: clarification

Comment

Hey guys! I'm in need of some help. I have a LC-70LE650U, and i think im experiencing the same issues. I'm not sure where to start. Any help is appreciated, thanks everybody.
            Attached Files

Comment

YES! It worked. My first TV repair. I got this TV from management at my apartments because someone had left it behind.

I was confused about what you are actually supposed to cut out of the TV so Im gonna post some pics.

On my TV the right side showed up white and slow and the left side worked (showed half of the SHARP image) when messing with the TCON ribbon connectors.

I cut out the entire driver thingy whatever it is out of the right side (if you're facing the TV.) At first the picture was still jacked up dark and slow. Upon further examination I saw that one of the drivers was burnt. So I proceeded to go along and cut the drivers themselves off of the remaining cable. Then it worked. Picture looks great.
              Attached Files

Comment

These are the cables that you cut. Make sure you cut off the driver bit.
                Attached Files

Comment

Hi Group, hate to bring up a old thread on the Sharp LC-70LE650U with weird screen artifacts, (see attachments) in brief, with both t-con cables connected, black jumping horizontal lines on screen, with the right side disconnected, the left side has similar lines, with the left side disconnected, the right side is perfect. I got the set free so I have nothing to lose by trying anything. just point me in the right direction, not the dumpster! At least I'll get something for the boards on flea-bay (assuming they are okay) and it's the panel that's bad. Thanks group!
                  Attached Files

Comment

Looks like left side is bad, need to carefully take it down to where you can see those side cof tabs, will probably notice a bad one, may be hotter or blacker, misshapen, maybe have a hole or black spot nearby.

Comment

There's a good video of the procedure on youtube, if you can find it, if it is a bad side cof, you want to peel ONLY that side off, peel slowly so it comes off cleanly, there's prolly like 4 or so.
                      Last edited by nomoresonys; 03-05-2023, 06:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X