X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello,

I am a Software Engineer working in Hesse, Germany. I decided to use the nick 404 as it is the most famous http error code. Everybody knows it

I found this board while search how to remove the Bio Master password from my old Dell Latitude Corporate notebook in order to do a fresh Windows install.

This community seems quite helpful.

Looking forward to find more interesting topics.

Bye, bye

Comment

I found this forum looking for a fix for a flickering 2005FPW monitor. I have experience in electronics, but have not practiced for a long time. Now that the winter is closing in here in Minnesota, is the time to dust off my old tools and order some capacitors.

Thank you to all the dedicated members keeping this forum alive.

Comment

I'm hoping to learn from others and their experiences so I may be able to do minor TV repair on the side. Looking forward to new knowledge..

Comment

Back in 94, I paid for a private electronics school. Was ready to return the second year after summer break but a few weeks before we were to return, we all received mail with horrible news. The school closed. Bankrupt!

I never finished my schooling, and most of what I learned has slipped away. Now I need the expertise of the experienced folk here to help me keep from spending money on something that may not be worth keeping.

Comment

Ola' Tech Heads!

I just joined BADCAPS yesterday because I thought the name was way cool... Just kidding. But it is cool. I joined to get the ALESIS M1 ACTIVE MKII SERVICE MANUAL .pdf on a post I was reading. Was trying to bring a monitor speaker back to life. No such luck. Oh Well. Glad to be here.

Background: B.S. Mechanical Engineer from SDSM&T, 22 Years in the aerospace industry, Musician, Home recording studio, wind addicted windsurf and kitesurf guy, not an electro-head but working on learning. I'd like to build some guitar effects pedals (and fix my bloody monitor speaker...arrgh).

Cheers All!

The Duke

PS - does anyone else find this emoticon slightly disturbing yet funny?

Comment

Thnx for having me hang @ badcaps
              dealing with caps for the last 6months always up to learn more

Comment

Dear All,
                My name is Peter, from Dallas Texas, USA.
                I have been working in Electronics Tech. field for years. This is my hobby too.
                Right now I am troubleshooting on a Toshiba TV, 47ZV650U. It seems power supply is dead. If anybody could provide the schematic diagram will be appreciated.

Best Regards,
                Peter

Comment

Hi, working on fixing a Samsung LCD TV.

Comment

Hello to All
                    My name is Dan and live in a town called Gananoque. Its located in south eastern Ontario (Canada with those not familiar with our country) We are a small community of about 5000 located in the center of a popular tourist area known as the Thousand Islands. I'm retired and one of my hobbies is solving PC issues and repairing flat panel TV's. My friends and family were so impressed with my success rate that they encouraged me to take it up as a sideline. My daughter is a graphic artist and has set up this cute little web site. In the menu option there's a page which describes a little about myself. http://dancanfixit.weebly.com/

Comment

hello everyone im new to this forum,u all have lots of years of wisdom

Comment

Hi, newbie here seeking help for tv troubleshooting/repair!

This place seems great as I've found some good info but I'm stuck on 2 different tv

Comment

Greetings!

Unfortunately, I have stumbled upon this forum because something broke. However, I have become increasingly more competent with electronics construction and repair over the past couple years and I think I can handle it! I look forward to learning all that I can from the gurus here!

Comment

My name is Grant and I try to fix my friend(s) families and co-workers electronics. I recently replaced the powerboard of my Westinghouse LCD and I was fairly impressed with myself. Now I have a WAY nicer 60" plasma that my brother in law gave me that is not working. I am hoping this site will help out as I have found reasonably little help through other forums.

I even paid $18 for advice from JustAnswer.com......we will see how that turns out...

Comment

Hello Everyone, Im new to your fourms. However, I did read them all day yesterday and Y'all covered alot on PSu bn44-00155. Im gonna make a few repairs and go from there. Thanks for the knowledge.

Comment

Forums....Yea thats what i meant to say,,hehe

Comment

Hi everyone, My name's Amir. I found this amazing forum when I was looking for some repair tips for some Acer LCDs. Thanks to you guys I made 9 monitors run again since yesterday!
                                  Saved around $500!
                                  It's so nice that you share such knowledge and experience freely.

Comment

I am actually not in the electronics business at all, I do however fix people. I'm a physician assistant who has a passion for fixing other things as well.I do hope I will get some use confirmation from this form is it looks to be very interesting.

Comment

Hi all,

Retired engineer locing for some assistance from time to time.

Thanks in advance,
                                      Bill

Comment

Hello everyone, I'm an all around handy man who deals with all sorts of problems. Sometimes electronic ones as well. I am an ITT Electrical engineering dropout from 15 years ago, so most of my knowledge has left me. I will try and usually succeed in fixing pretty much anything. Glad to have found this site!!

Thanks, Tony

Comment

Hello everyone,
                                          I've been lurking for a couple days reading threads about TV sets ever since mine broke. I was hoping to just find a simple fix according to my symptoms but everyone was getting such different things being wrong with the same symptoms. Anyhow, I'd like to thank in advance the help I get on this forum and the knowledge I will gain.

Comment

Working...
                                          X