I have another Athlon motherboard, a Chaintech CT-7AJA2E

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have another Athlon motherboard, a Chaintech CT-7AJA2E

The big capacitors, one capacitor next to the DIMM slots and one capacitor next to the keyboard and mouse ports have Ks on the tops of them.

.....But the big capacitors with the Ks on the tops of them have text that says:

D.S.

2200uF

And the smaller capacitors, one next to the DIMM slots and one next to the keyboard and mouse port says:

D.S.

470uF

Thus the motherboard likely has Rubycon ripoffs!!!

BTW, the motherboard also has a green with gold text Teapo 1000uF 6.3V capacitor next to the AGP slot.
    ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

If they're branded D.S, REPLACE THEM! They're crap! I've seen bad D.S. caps in Chaintech video cards, and on other boards too!
    <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
    Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
    http://folding.stanford.edu/
    Team : 49813
    Join in!!
    Team Stats

Comment

Originally posted by Topcat
      If they're branded D.S, REPLACE THEM! They're crap! I've seen bad D.S. caps in Chaintech video cards, and on other boards too!
      I'm not using that motherboard, ATM and probably won't use the motherboard, again.

Well, I knew something about the capacitors were fishy, anyways, because of
      the majority of the "D.S." capacitors having Ks on the tops of them, and the motherboard has always acted moderately strange, anyways.

The symptoms I were getting were the following:

1. With my GeForce2 MX200 video card, I seemed to be getting infinite loop crashes more often, the BSOD:

***STOP:0x000000EA THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER

------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Another symptom, which is strange is when a Radeon 7000 video card was installed, not with the GeForce2 MX200 video card, when I attempt to access the CD drive and possibly the secondary HDD, if two HDDs were plugged in, Windows would immediately lock up with a black screen.

If I take the Radeon 7000 video card back out and put the GeForce2 MX200 video card or unplug the secondary HDD, the PC would stay stable.

Also, with the Radeon 7000 video card installed, but not with the GeForce2 MX200 video card, the +12V rail reading was always lower.
      ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

Talking about Chaintech, I have a CT-7AIA0 (KT133) board, filled with D.S. caps. Haven't had the time yet to fix it.
        pics: http://virtual.engicomp.hu/~wigyori/ct_7aia0/

-w-

Comment

DS huh...sort of an acronym for Dog Sh!t I guess...

MD
          Ya'll think us folk from the country's real funny-like, dontcha?

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of BADCAPS.NET or any of their affiliates.

Comment

I also have one 7AIA0 and one 7AJA0 lying around. Both have D.S. caps, are POSTing but unstable. No visible signs of damage.

Comment

sulbert, I hope it's clear to exchange them immediately I got this one recapped, still switches on/off in seconds... No time yet to play with a multimeter on it

-w-

Comment

Working...
              X