pile of vacuum tubes... what to toss?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pile of vacuum tubes... what to toss?

I wonder how many people are in the same boat...

I have a pile of vacuum tubes I've collected over the years. Now the question is: which ones should be disposed of, if you don't have access to a tube tester?

I had swapped a tube into my AR-3 and noticed that sometimes the audio would cut out. Rapidly turning the radio off and on through the control knob "fixes" it, but pulling the plug and replugging rapidly does not.

I randomly swapped in another IF amplifier tube, and it seemed to have "fixed" it, suspecting the tube that I took out may be weak and perhaps should be binned. It's the 12BA6.

I wish the pinouts of tubes were consistent! I suppose luckily most 7-pin tubes have pins 3 and 4 as the heater, though cathode, plate, grids can be pretty much anything...

Re: pile of vacuum tubes... what to toss?

Don't toss them! Put them on eBay for someone to use in a "crafts" / "art" project.
    Unfortunately, I can't answer your other questions - I'm not versed in tubes and tube gear.

Comment

Re: pile of vacuum tubes... what to toss?

That is true, I had forgotten some people still want them for art and craft projects

So even more important that I can somehow filter out the bad/weak ones, so they can go to a use that's no longer rectifying, amplifying, or regulating

Comment

Working...
      X