Asus p8z77 v lx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asus p8z77 v lx

I picked up this motherboard. When I try to boot it .The motherboard stop at the ASUS boot screen and that`s it . No keyboard, light comes on for it that`s all .Does anyone have an idea where to start looking for the problem? I have a bios chip programmer .That has been done and tried from the first to the last bios and new bios chip. Where to look for the problem ?

Re: Asus p8z77 v lx

Originally posted by rodtoo401 View Post
    The motherboard stop at the ASUS boot screen and that`s it .
    For socket 775:

Clear the CMOS. And if you're using all 4 slots (if 4 slots on motherboard)
    go into BIOS and raise the DRAM voltage to 1.90 V, if it's DDR2, with 2 of the RAM sticks removed. Then insert the remaining RAM afterwards...

For socket 1155:

Clear the CMOS.

If using 4 sticks, take 2 of them out and depending on the RAM, manually setting the DRAM voltage to 1.65 V, before inserting the remaining 2 DDR3 SDRAM sticks, may solve the problem...
    Last edited by RJARRRPCGP; 01-23-2018, 09:36 PM.
    ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

I can not get into the Bios at all, the keyboard stops working .The lights on it come on and that is all> I have tried a p/2 keyboard and usb no luck with either. As it starts to boot I can get the caps lock key to work and that stops, as soon as boot Asus screen comes up .All the socket pins look good and straight. I have tried changing out ram and, CPU, power supply nothing changes
      Last edited by rodtoo401; 01-24-2018, 06:57 PM. Reason: wording

Comment

I can not get into the Bios at all, the keyboard stops working .The lights on it come on and that is all> I have tried a p/2 keyboard and usb no luck with either. As it starts to boot I can get the caps lock key to work and that stops, as soon as boot Asus screen comes up .All the socket pins look good and straight. I have tried changing out ram and, CPU, power supply nothing changes
        I dunno. My techniques were for if the BIOS boots, but freezes at the motherboard logo...
        ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

Comment

Clear the Bios settings using the jumper provided on the mainboard. try to find it. There are lots of easy solutions which you can try one by one. If you got no result, you can think of reprogramming the Bios chip. But first, make a backup of the original content of the Bios chip.

Comment

Did you try this trick? My Asus P6T Deluxe has this annoying bug, where for the BIOS to enter the setup utility, when turning it on, when you see the first screen, (or you hear the first bleep) (the video card BIOS text for me) I must quickly slide out the USB plug of the keyboard and slide it back in the USB port, then keep mashing the "del" key! (wtf lol)

That's at least when using my Corsair Strafe keyboard on my Asus P6T Deluxe.....
            Last edited by RJARRRPCGP; 01-27-2018, 05:23 PM.
            ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

Comment

that is right. It is possible the problem is caused by USB incompatibility or fault.

Comment

Before attempting a BIOS reprogramming, try the simple stuff first. Namely, that's:
                - strip down system to minimum hardware: CPU, CPU heatsink, *one* stick of RAM only, onboard GPU (may use PCI-E GPU if board still doesn't boot after below tests).
                - re-seat RAM a few times. Try different RAM slots. Use good quality RAM, if possible - i.e. Samsung or Hynix OEM. Kingston and Crucial is okay. Corsair I wouldn't trust.
                - re-seat CPU and also try running board flat with CPU heatsink on the CPU but not clamped to the board (this is to prevent board warping, which can sometimes affect marginal CPU socket BGA).
                - re-check all jumper settings
                - make sure CMOS CR2032 battery has good voltage (at least 2.9V) - some boards may refuse to boot with a drained or no battery... though I suspect that's NOT the problem with your board)
                - make sure you are using a known good PSU. In fact, please tell us what PSU you are using (manufacturer and model).
                - check and possibly replace chipset heatsink thermal compound
                - try the "MemOK" button (I doubt that would do anything, but what the heck!)

If none of that does anything, you can try reprogramming the BIOS. But do try to backup the old one first, as caspian suggested.

Comment

I have tried 3 PSU on it and battery is good, different ram and CPUs. I do have 2 mosfets that I read continuity between source and gate by the ram slots .They are A09 N03N CDL0358. So Maybe bad ? Keyboard is a PS/2 and have tried usb too.

Comment

I do have 2 mosfets that I read continuity between source and gate by the ram slots .They are A09 N03N CDL0358. So Maybe bad ?
                    Source and Gate or Source and Drain? The former would be bad, indeed.
                    Probably better if you post pictures of your board and specifically point out which MOSFETs read shorted (and how). That should tell us if there is possibly a problem or not.

Comment

Boardview if this is of any use.
                      If there was an issue with the RAM power supply circuit, you won't get an image and BIOS POST would fail when detecting the RAM.
                      But first identify which MOSFET you measured and what did you measure.
                      Attached Files
                      OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

I downloaded Fritzing and Can`t open the files: parse error [1] at line 1, column 1: error occurred while parsing element. Please help

Comment

Been awhile since I worked at ASUS but if the board has a speaker audio connection attach a speak to it and it will give you voice messages of the issue. If that doesn't work use a post card in the pci slot and get your error there.

Comment

Working...
                          X