epox 8rda+ and 8rdaPro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

epox 8rda+ and 8rdaPro

Hi, new member here. I've been reading about the bad caps on multiple mbs and as it turns out I have a epox8rda+ that has multiple caps that are leaking. I built two computers maybe five years ago and they have been working fine. Mine is the one thats leaking although my sons hasn't been seen as of yet. Anyway I've seen a couple of lists of caps to be used to recap this board but the lists don't match as per quantity and replacing the lower uF values. Can someone give me a complete list of the caps to do this board. I would like to purchase the caps through badcaps store. I have made a list of what I have gleened on this site and would like to comfirm my findings although I have nothing for the caps below 1000uF category. So what has worked for you guys, Thanks, Tim
    PS, oh I'm building a 8rda+Pro at this time that I purchased new a few years back. My question is, does this board have the same caps as the 8rda+? So when it starts the big leak I have the caps to do the job. Thanks

Re: epox 8rda+ and 8rdaPro

the Pro has a different layout. (less caps?) can't tell you the values though.
    as for the other question: keeping a small stock of the most used values never hurts.
    man, i hope this isn't unsolicited advice.
    "Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H.L. Mencken

Comment

Your advise sounds good whether it was unsolicited or not. The question was pretaining to the values of the caps for the epox 8rda+ as well as the pro. I would like to buy them from the BCstore if possible. Has someone out there recapped their 8rda+ and has the values of the caps would be appreciated. Thanks, Tim

Comment

Is the mobo with the bad caps in your posession? If so, just take inventory of what you see as far as Make, UF, Volts, Series, Quanity, Diameter and Length in milimeters.

Comment

It helps if you take a snap shot.
          Blow it up as large as will fit on the paper.
          Mark caps on the drawing, draw lines, and write the values in the margins.
          [Also show polarity, that may help later when you are actually replacing caps.]
          [Multiple colored markers or pencils helps. - As in color code the sizes/values.]
          -
          That insures you don't miss any when you make up your list.
          -
          Mann-Made Global Warming.
          - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
          Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
          -
          You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
          -

Comment

Originally posted by kikkoman View Post
            i hope this isn't unsolicited advice.

-
            Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
            -
            You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
            -

Comment

Ok sounds good. Will take apart and inventory, pic . Saw Phoenix was 114 with a low of 85ish ouch.

Comment

I get it now, the quote thing

Comment

Heheh, yea, we can be a lil silly around here meatman
                  Btw Welcome to Badcaps
                  "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

Originally posted by meatman655 View Post
                    Ok sounds good. Will take apart and inventory, pic . Saw Phoenix was 114 with a low of 85ish ouch.
                    Yeah, it's a bit chilly this week.
                    -

-

- Dr Seuss
                    -
                    -

Comment

Working...
                    X