nvidia Geforce 9800 gt doesnt work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nvidia Geforce 9800 gt doesnt work

hi guys i have a nvidia Geforce 9800 gt , when i press power button video card doesnt work, i mean fan doesnt spin, nothing happen, no video...can someone be kind of helping me fix these card...i already did a reflow nothing happen...where can i measure to know the problem..thanks....power supply atx is working good, the problem is on the video card..
    Attached Files

Re: nvidia Geforce 9800 gt doesnt work

Your re-flow wasn't hot enough...

If it was, that brown electrolytic capacitor in the bottom right corner would have bulged (That is almost certainly a Chemi-Con KZG series, which should be replaced).

If you MUST use this card and are adamant about fixing it, then I suggest trying to re-flow it again, but this time squirt some liquid flux under the GPU BGA before you do, desolder that electrolytic cap, and re-flow it at the proper temperatures, following proper procedure.
    "We have offered them (the Arabs) a sensible way for so many years. But no, they wanted to fight. Fine! We gave them technology, the latest, the kind even Vietnam didn't have. They had double superiority in tanks and aircraft, triple in artillery, and in air defense and anti-tank weapons they had absolute supremacy. And what? Once again they were beaten. Once again they scrammed [sic]. Once again they screamed for us to come save them. Sadat woke me up in the middle of the night twice over the phone, 'Save me!' He demanded to send Soviet troops, and immediately! No! We are not going to fight for them."

-Leonid Brezhnev (On the Yom Kippur War)

Comment

thanks friend, proper temperature would be 200 C would be ok, what do you think??

Comment

385f or 196 Celsius about 6-8 minutes. 8800 ultra works fine now, I put it to oven 200 C
        about 7-8 min.
        Sorry for my bad english.

Comment

The fan not spinning would suggest the card or fan (or both) are not getting any power. Reflowing won't fix that.

Comment

Originally posted by jonny0404 View Post
            thanks friend, proper temperature would be 200 C would be ok, what do you think??
            No, proper temperature would be 225-235C. Ideally, when the temperature of the video card reaches 225-235C, it should stay like that for no more than 10-20 seconds. Then you turn the oven off and open the door *a little bit* to let out the heat and cool the card slowly.

Originally posted by drag View Post
            385f or 196 Celsius about 6-8 minutes.
            Lead-free solder melts at 217 Celsius, so you need at least that much for a proper reflow.

Your 8800 Ultra likely got fixed because ovens are not 100% accurate with their temperature - they can over- and/or under-shoot by 5-15C.
            Last edited by momaka; 05-21-2016, 09:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X