HP KVM 336045-B21 (avocent)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HP KVM 336045-B21 (avocent)

Ive got two of these KVM units both of which have DVE DSO-142L PSU units with bad caps.

The unit is a rebranded Avocent so suspect they also have the same issue.

Im currently getting this fixed by a friend who designed PSUs, he is uprating some of the caps.

As many it seems they used CrapXon caps.

Ile report if the unit comes back fixed.

Re: HP KVM 336045-B21 (avocent)

Let me know how this turns out as I am trying to fix one myself and so far all I have done is replace the 220uf 10v and the 470uf 10v as they were both bulged and that did not do the trick.

Comment

Me too, just changed those same two caps on a Dell KVM (2160 I think it is), and it's still dead - apply mains and the green power LED still doesn't come on

Any ideas on how to go about testing the LM7905 regulator and the Schottky diode on there?

Hellraiser........>

Comment

Pictures of the boards would help. The LM7905 has ground on pin 1 (marked with a dot) and output on pin 3. DMM should show -5V or 5V, depending on the order of the leads.

Comment

I have repaired several of these PSU's and I found the 47uf 25v when tested with an ESR meter had no reading. After replacing this capacitor in the primary side as well as all the capacitors in the secondary side (three 470uf 10v and one 2200uf 10v) the PSU worked perfectly again.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by grover_yyz View Post
            I have repaired several of these PSU's and I found the 47uf 25v when tested with an ESR meter had no reading. After replacing this capacitor in the primary side as well as all the capacitors in the secondary side (three 470uf 10v and one 2200uf 10v) the PSU worked perfectly again.

Hope this helps.
            Thanks. Replacing all five capacitors worked for me as well. It did not work when I had only replaced the two caps mentioned earlier in this thread. But the picture in that post helped tremendously.

Comment

Originally posted by Cap10 View Post
              Thanks. Replacing all five capacitors worked for me as well. It did not work when I had only replaced the two caps mentioned earlier in this thread. But the picture in that post helped tremendously.
              Apologize the picture was from another forum. Attaching it here.
              Attached Files

Comment

I am having a hard time sourcing the Caps listed in the previously attached schematic. Could anyone provide some help?

Comment

I'm also working on replacing the caps on one of these power supplies. It was in a HP EO1013 KVM. My main question is, does anyone know what part (or compatible part) is the 30c02098-01 part? I believe it is a "noise filter"? Mine appears to be leaking. The giant cap seems to be okay. I see at least one of the smaller ones bulging. Picture attached of the part in question.

Thanks!
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Minionz; 05-11-2016, 07:52 PM.

Comment

the white stuff is glue.

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
                      the white stuff is glue.
                      The stuff that is leaking is amber color to the right of the arrow.

Edit-
                      Added another picture
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Minionz; 05-11-2016, 06:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X