NVIDIA Quadro NVS 285

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NVIDIA Quadro NVS 285

I have 2 identical computers (with same componenets, etc..) and one of them was having problems displaying one of my dual monitors. After, trying to update drivers with no success, I swapped the gpu (NVIDIA Quadro NVS 285)from my other computer and it worked.

My question is how do I diagnose what the problem is? The capacitors look fine on the gpu so I don't know what else to test. If anyone can help out, it would be appreciated. I will post a picture shortly. Thanks.

Re: NVIDIA Quadro NVS 285

Originally posted by BustinCaps View Post
    I have 2 identical computers (with same componenets, etc..) and one of them was having problems displaying one of my dual monitors. After, trying to update drivers with no success, I swapped the gpu (NVIDIA Quadro NVS 285)from my other computer and it worked.

My question is how do I diagnose what the problem is? The capacitors look fine on the gpu so I don't know what else to test. If anyone can help out, it would be appreciated. I will post a picture shortly. Thanks.
    Here is a pic. Apologies if this was posted in wrong sub forum.
    Attached Files

Comment

I have 2 identical computers (with same componenets, etc..) and one of them was having problems displaying one of my dual monitors.
      Could you be more specific and describe exactly what problems you had? Was the monitor not displaying anything? Or was it showing colored lines? Hues? Can you also gives us more details about your setup? - Is it dual monitor? And if so, which monitor was not displaying? And which DVI/VGA connector # was it connected to on the DMS-59 cable adapter?

The capacitors look fine on the gpu so I don't know what else to test.
      Not only do they look fine, but they are also high quality Japanese brands, so those won't be the problem.

Originally posted by BustinCaps
      Apologies if this was posted in wrong sub forum.
      No, you got it, this is the right section .

Comment

Originally posted by momaka View Post
        Could you be more specific and describe exactly what problems you had? Was the monitor not displaying anything? Or was it showing colored lines? Hues? Can you also gives us more details about your setup? - Is it dual monitor? And if so, which monitor was not displaying? And which DVI/VGA connector # was it connected to on the DMS-59 cable adapter?
        aye, a passively cooled gpu. did u have a fan blowing air at or at least near the card? even tho it only has 18w tdp, i've seen my 19w tdp radeon hd 5450 overheat to 80°C during gaming. im leaning towards it could be a bad bga and its a warning the card may be on its final death throes.

Comment

Working...
        X