Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LENOVO BIOS AUTO-PATCHER for Supervisor Password Removal

@Markus1741 and @zerbatin,

I'd a similar problem and therefore replied what helped for me.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...postcount=1628

Hope it helps one of you, too.
    Behind every successful Coder there an even more successful DeCoder to understand that code - Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by syscall View Post
      Hi artani,

Have you tried to flash it again? Did you hold (or taped) down the temper switches and removed the hard disk for the whole patch process?
      no i found another bios here

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=91125

flashed and work

thank you..

Comment

Hello, I have Yoga 260 with password .Can someone patch it. Thanks
        Last edited by SMDFlea; 03-26-2023, 12:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by olegi View Post
          Hello, I have Yoga 260 with password .Can someone patch it. Thanks
          Try this ....
          Attached Files

Comment

Thank you Markus All Ok

Comment

Thank you a lot.Managed to unlock BIOS password on Lenovo P52s.Grettings too all involved into this script. Best regards.

Comment

Hi, friends,
                could you help me patch my T460?
                I've read it with Colibri on Win & flashrom on Mac.
                But I had some errors running patch on my Ubuntu machine...

Comment

Originally posted by sms_ok View Post
                  Hi, friends,
                  could you help me patch my T460?
                  I've read it with Colibri on Win & flashrom on Mac.
                  But I had some errors running patch on my Ubuntu machine...
                  Here
                  Attached Files

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                  Become a Badcaps supporter
                  >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                  Thanks to all supporters.
                  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Originally posted by hoaca388 View Post
                    Here
                    Thank you, unfortunately, it doesn't work.
                    After saving patched dump to BIOS chip, and booting (with all batteriess taken off and BIOS battery disconnected) with power cord only.
                    Memory is also taken off.

It beeps 1-3-3-1 beeps with black screen.
                    Then stays a while on (with black screen).
                    And shuts down.

For me pressing Enter or F1 it does not react.

I'm using CH341 black programmer (modded to 3.3 V by cutting a track on its back, tried writing & reading another unsoldered 3.3v BIOS chip from older PC, it works.)
                    With Colibri program (which correctly identifies my T460 chip as MXIC MX25L12873F)
                    And a clipse (I read about a dozen times, and also checked the patched written version as well by reading it from chip).
                    Last edited by sms_ok; 12-11-2022, 12:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sms_ok View Post
                      Thank you, unfortunately, it doesn't work.
                      After saving patched dump to BIOS chip, and booting (with all batteriess taken off and BIOS battery disconnected) with power cord only.
                      Memory is also taken off.

It beeps 1-3-3-1 beeps with black screen.
                      Then stays a while on (with black screen).
                      And shuts down.

For me pressing Enter or F1 it does not react.

SOLVED.
                      The problem was that I didn't put memory in my laptop.
                      After that I rebooted, followed the procedure (altought I didn't have a chance to do steps
                      STEP 4: Enter any character when asked for Supervisor Password
                      STEP 5: Press enter when it shows Hardware ID
                      STEP 6: Press space bar 2x when asked
                      As the system did it for myself???
                      I just pushed Enter & F1, rebooted a few times.

The last message was
                      0271: Check Date and Time Settings.
                      0183: Bad CRC of Security Settings in EFI variable.
                      Press F1 to enter Setup.

Then the system was stuck on the screen with Lenovo logo and invitation to press Enter.

I checked forum, and decided it's time to write original BIOS to the chip (using clipse very carefully, as always, BTW the checksum of the dump on the chip was different from the PATCHED one I was writing to it on STEP 1).

BIOS battery attached, power on.
                      And BINGO!
                      I entered BIOS.

Thank you guys!
                      Attached Files

Comment

So guys, no one solved the Yoga 12 BIOS problem? I'm unable to patch my dumps from 4 or 8MB chip, patcher reports damaged or corrupted file. It's same with any dump I found online. Also, there's nothing on the 0x200 in my original dump... That one file I found already patched in this thread for the left chip is giving me black screen. Can anyone please help?

Comment

Originally posted by giramo9282 View Post
                          So guys, no one solved the Yoga 12 BIOS problem? I'm unable to patch my dumps from 4 or 8MB chip, patcher reports damaged or corrupted file. It's same with any dump I found online. Also, there's nothing on the 0x200 in my original dump... That one file I found already patched in this thread for the left chip is giving me black screen. Can anyone please help?
                          https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...hlight=Yoga+12
                          All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

I don't have the hardware for that. I only have CH341 programmer...

Comment

Guy!
                              Need help. Patched the original BIOS of T480 with the script.

The laptop stopped working:
                              After pressing the start button fan starts for a second, the power led blinks, the fan stops, and the laptop is completely dead, I can see the 3.3v applied to the flash chip, several times, turning the power on and off. It seems the laptop tries to start but encounters some unfixable error and turns off.

I have tried to reflash and repatch BIOS times. Now even the original BIOS(unpatched) is not booting.
                              No display, no beeping, just spinning on/off the fan for a second.

There is power in the motherboard, so I assume the circuitry is ok, just something weird going on with the software(can the CPU be damaged?).

I have no idea at this point.
                              Could I run some diagnostic routine to at least understand if it is BIOS or some other issue now?

Comment

Originally posted by w1ne View Post
                                Guy!
                                Need help. Patched the original BIOS of T480 with the script.

The laptop stopped working:
                                After pressing the start button fan starts for a second, the power led blinks, the fan stops, and the laptop is completely dead, I can see the 3.3v applied to the flash chip, several times, turning the power on and off. It seems the laptop tries to start but encounters some unfixable error and turns off.

I have tried to reflash and repatch BIOS times. Now even the original BIOS(unpatched) is not booting.
                                No display, no beeping, just spinning on/off the fan for a second.

There is power in the motherboard, so I assume the circuitry is ok, just something weird going on with the software(can the CPU be damaged?).

I have no idea at this point.
                                Could I run some diagnostic routine to at least understand if it is BIOS or some other issue now?
                                The processor looks fine, at least it is not shorted and not overheating, I do not see any blown-up transistors or overheating components.

Comment

@w1ne
                                  Which programmer do you use?

Comment

Originally posted by AAAC View Post
                                    @w1ne
                                    Which programmer do you use?
                                    FT2230H + flashrom. Do you think it is a programmer? It verifies correctly.

Comment

FT2230H + flashrom. Do you think it is a programmer? It verifies correctly.
                                      After a lot of experimentation, I finally burned the flash chip. So, waiting for three new ones from the local components shop, also ordered CH341A to try with another programmer.

Comment

After a lot of experimentation, I finally burned the flash chip. So, waiting for three new ones from the local components shop, also ordered CH341A to try with another programmer.

Just to confirm that the CPU peripherals are not toasted, I connected SPI lies from KBL_R_U42_BGA1356 to the logic analyzer.

It communicates, without a flash chip, but there is SPI communication, which means HW is OK.
                                        Attached Files

Comment

i have a e14 can u help me with the bio patching the bio.
                                          PLease and thank you.

Comment

Working...
                                          X