X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi guys,

Found this forum while looking for schematics for laptop motherboard, haven't had much hope to find it really but clicked a link in Google and here I am. Right now I'm working as Senior Automation Engineer (industrial, not software) for one of the UKs retail giants, but I always wanted to get into electronics design and repairs.

Fairly recently I've been paid quite sizable bonus and decided to spent some of it on test equipment. I have also bought some old and cheap faulty laptops to try and repair some stuff without worrying I'll mess some expensive equipment up while removing components. Browsing some stuff on here I have realized I might stay around for longer.

Cheers!

Comment

Hello!

Doing the thing as suggested in the welcome message. Saw this site pop up a few times in searches for information on a laptop repair I'm currently doing, hopefully this place will become quite a useful resource in the future.

I fixed a professional lighting controller earlier today - SO much easier than a laptop! Yikes!

Cheers,
      Ashley

Comment

Hello everyone! I stumbled upon this site in my quest to repair a Lenovo Y530 Legion. I fixed a y410p years ago, and decided to try my hand at it again. There is a board file I needed, and this site came up.

I love fixing things. Be it mechanical, electronic, etc, I just love the feeling of bringing something back to life. I hope to learn much in this community!

Comment

Hi!
          I'm here for looking at BIOS and software/technical talk.

Comment

Hi guys, I am really happy to find this forum. I like to fix electronics in general and I love to share and learn knowledge from people. Wish you all good luck and good health.

Comment

hi there, i´m new to this forum and like the idea behind to share experiences and knowledge. nice da to you all

Comment

Hello, new here but not to the computer world. Just trying to gain knowledge and stumbled across this website. Nice to meet y'all ��

Comment

Hi, real name is John, but there's probably a million of them already registered, so I chose Hairspring because as a teenager I used to clean and repair watches as one of my hobbies. Another hobby at that time was electronics, mostly valves, but we seem to have moved on since then!

Comment

Hello...! My name is Samuel. I am a computer hardware repairer and software technician from Zambia. I am hoping to learn more from wonderful contributions from this forum

Comment

Hello, my name is Tony. I own several old pieces of CNC equipment and want to learn to repair the boards.

Comment

Hello, I'm Can its pronunciation like John but it doesnt matter im just here for improve my skill, find help when im stuck to repair something and if one day i feel master, i can help someone

Comment

Hi. I have been recapping ancient Mac computers for about ten years now. I have a Panasonic AG-1980 VCR that badly needs recapping, but I am not sure I am willing to replace hundreds of capacitors for a VCR that gets used maybe twice per decade at this point.

Comment

Hello, I've been doing part swap repairs on old Alienware laptops for about 10 years but I'd really like to start getting into board level repairs. I have a stack of old MXM GPU's that could probably be fixed with some effort. Hopefully this old dog can learn some new tricks.

Comment

Hi guys, I am Dom, I have begun to form an interest in electronics repair, and believe it or not this is the first forum I have ever signed up for

Comment

HI folks,
                                I am Dotsam from Spain.
                                I am an enthusiast of enginering, electronics and cars!.
                                I think is a very interesting forum and I get to learn a lot here.
                                Keep it up.
                                Cheers.

Comment

Hey guys. I am an amateur maker trying to learn and gain experience.

Comment

Hi, I'm here to get some help unlocking the BIOS of a HP 840 G3 laptop

Comment

hello

Comment

Hi everyone mi from Trinidad and Tobago i don't have much experience changing ic and finding shorts on mainboard but i have some soldering skills

Comment

hi, just arrived to the community hoping to help and contribute with some knowledge!

Comment

Working...
                                          X