This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello, I'm new to this forum and i am searching for info such as schematic , solutions , ... for repairing defective motherboards from laptops , desktop pcs , ... Thanks !

Comment

Hello, Great White North DeVry educated technician since 1981. Have worked in office equipment and then Engineering with a local firm specializing in Emerson and Liebert UPS systems. An entrepreneur for the last 22 years in UPS and ELS systems and local hacker for repairs and re-engineering. Looking forward to learn a few things from the experienced people on this site.

Comment

Hello ya'll another mandatory reply,

I'm Cal from the UK mainly coming here for help with tinkering with TV firmware

Comment

hi i am new here but been repairing pcs and mac since 10years privatly ... here looking for some new chip reading technics and dumps

Comment

Hi everyone, I'm from Italy.
            son of an electrical engineer I could only get passionate about repairs. as a hobby I try to repair anything but mainly I deal with computers and smartphones

Comment

Hi from Melbourne Australia - have been in IT for a long time and been mucking about with PCs, networks and phones since the 1980's. But hey - nothing's that easy anymore and good info is hard to find, which is why I'm here. Look forward to helping you guys where I can and sucking your brains along the way. Cheers, Rob

Comment

Hi everyone, i'm from Mexico.

Comment

Hello! looking to fix a few game consoles

Comment

i am a new member, i am interested in electronics , but have worked in software for well over40 years. i am now retired and would l like to tinker with hardware and TV repair

Comment

Hello, I am a new member. I used to do board repair years ago for a PC board company and have since moved on to other things for a living. I still work on repairing equipment for a hobby.

Comment

Hi!

I'm a it system administrator who has a lot of time so I started repair laptops, game consoles and mobile phones. I love the challenge of the electronic repairs
                        and the rewarding feeling when I'm able to fix something.

My "biggest repair" is a 2019 15" MacBook Pro what I'm currently using. It was spilled with coffee and the screen connector was burned.

Currenty I'm working in a small gaming console store and repair shop.Feel free to ask anything if you has any questions.

Comment

Originally posted by nemethma View Post
                          Hi!

I'm a it system administrator who has a lot of time so I started repair laptops, game consoles and mobile phones. I love the challenge of the electronic repairs
                          and the rewarding feeling when I'm able to fix something.

My "biggest repair" is a 2019 15" MacBook Pro what I'm currently using. It was spilled with coffee and the screen connector was burned.

Currenty I'm working in a small gaming console store and repair shop.Feel free to ask anything if you has any questions.
                          Sorry for my English is not he best.

Comment

Hello everyone. I'm Pintas, from Portugal, 45 years old, currently living in Brazil.

I'm more of a software development kinda-guy, but recently i had some troubles with my beloved ThinkPad, and so i'm here bothering you guys XD

I'll try to be participant on this forum. I've seen there's a lot of good will here, in what i'm able to help, i will try to.

Thank you guys for the forum. I already found very useful stuff here. Also... congrats!

Comment

Hi folks! Came here to find info on how to fix my monitor!

Comment

Hello to everyone on this really cool forum. Just stumbled on it from a Google search regarding fixing my Alesis monitor one MKII that pretty much cooked the same parts I've now learned as most everyone else.
                                My name is Gary, and I am an audio engineer by trade with a mastering suite and also mix live. Been doing the live thing for a few decades ( yes, I'm that old) but before I started touring for live mixing, I use to own a MI repair facility in CT called FMC. I had 2 partners that where the genuine techs , I mostly made it rain! But as we got extremely busy I certainly got my fair share of bench time.

So I do have formal education as a tech, but working with my 2 partners taught me more about common sense approach in repairs and what I think is the hardest skill set to learn, where do I start?
                                So I'm glad to have found you all and will always try and help out if I can with anyone's problems with a repair. Past experiences have given me some typical solutions to many MI fixes. I just have to try and remember them!

Comment

Hi guys, just decided to join your lovely forums. I found this place when I was searching for a schematic

Hope to have some fun here as well as learn more about computer electronics and sharpen my electronics skills.

Comment

I like to fix it if I can, but sometimes I need some help. So thanks for being here, and I hope to pass along help to the next guy.

Comment

Hello I'm JohnyRuffneck,

I'm from northern Wyoming, oilfield worker turned teacher's
                                      aid - building maint. I have always been entranced by electronics and their circuits, happy
                                      to admit I still am. This is my very first adventure into online forums, sadly I can find no
                                      local mentors or sources of information to keep my hobby on track and moving forward.
                                      Years ago a friends tv tried to retire itself and blew a cap, beginning my journey into the
                                      world of repairing the broke and tired electronics that find me. I'm on my sixth tv now, I
                                      have gotten so much out of this hobby I cant help but to push myself further. I seek advice
                                      and a source of information to help me learn to accurately find faults and failures, as well
                                      as replacement parts and procedure. I've gone from lucky guesses to looking up Ic data-
                                      sheets and testing at the component level in a very brutal hands on learning manner.
                                      I sincerely hope to find a bit of direction with this group.

Bless your hat, and the head that fills it

Comment

Hi - have just joined to see if I can get some help with repairs to vintage electronics and other stuff. Have made some progress but facing a few tricky ones too.

Comment

Hi guys, just decided to join your forums. I found this place when I was searching for shemaric for the laptop. I want to learn more about computer electronics and sharpen my electronics skills.

Comment

Working...
                                          X