Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lenovo T15 gen 1 secure boot

Hello,

I have a Lenovo T15 gen 1 where I can't get the secure boot disabled. I think it is related to the security chip. The BIOS is completely free, no password or anything. The only problem is that the option to disable secure boot is grayed out. Trying to boot it, GRUB 2.02 starts and expects a certain Software. If you want to change something you need to enter a username and password. While experimenting, I was able to load the firmware from the hard drive. There I found signed files, in one also the hashed password (cracking probably not possible in lifetime). It was probably a workstation secured with SINA, which the seller did not tell me... I didn't know that you can protect a system so that you can't even install a new system if the BIOS doesn't have a lock in it.

Is it possible to disable secure boot anyway? As I said in the BIOS I tried everything...

Re: Lenovo T15 gen 1 secure boot

Originally posted by badcaps411 View Post
    Hello,

I have a Lenovo T15 gen 1 where I can't get the secure boot disabled. I think it is related to the security chip. The BIOS is completely free, no password or anything. The only problem is that the option to disable secure boot is grayed out. Trying to boot it, GRUB 2.02 starts and expects a certain Software. If you want to change something you need to enter a username and password. While experimenting, I was able to load the firmware from the hard drive. There I found signed files, in one also the hashed password (cracking probably not possible in lifetime). It was probably a workstation secured with SINA, which the seller did not tell me... I didn't know that you can protect a system so that you can't even install a new system if the BIOS doesn't have a lock in it.

Is it possible to disable secure boot anyway? As I said in the BIOS I tried everything...
    security- virtualisation- kernel DMA protection off.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
    all donations are welcome,
    see the donate button at the bottom of the page, or
    >>>>>
    click on this link to donate via PayPal. <<<<<
    Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

all security settings are off, including dma protection.

Comment

Hello , did you find out how to fix it ? i have the same problem and i don t know what to do . thank you

Comment

No, unfortunately not .. the part is probably electronic waste

Comment

some laptops require a supervisor password to be set on bios to change secureboot setting

Comment

Working...
            X