Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blown cone/membrane on speaker-Logitech Z533

Hi guys.
    I purchaesed used Logitech Z533 speakers, but in the process of transportation one of the speakers came with damage (pic below).
    So is this something to worry about, will it progress to worsening and end life of a speaker?
    I am not noticing worse sound on that speaker, sound is just as same as on other speaker.
    Is there maybe a way to repair it or better not mess with it?
    Attached Files

Re: Blown cone/membrane on speaker-Logitech Z533

That's called a dust cap. It being crushed may or may not affect sound quality but it won't get worse over time, it's just for aesthetics and make sure dust doesn't get under it.

A vacuum cleaner might be strong enough to pull the dent out but you probably won't notice anything if you just leave it as it is unless you look at it and think it's ugly...

Comment

Originally posted by eccerr0r View Post
      That's called a dust cap. It being crushed may or may not affect sound quality but it won't get worse over time, it's just for aesthetics and make sure dust doesn't get under it.

A vacuum cleaner might be strong enough to pull the dent out but you probably won't notice anything if you just leave it as it is unless you look at it and think it's ugly...
      Yes I thought to use house dust cleaner but I thought it would be too strong to pull the dust cap from inside in and possibly break it.
      I suppose not worth of an hassle,I thought it would progress over time.
      So should I avoid cranking up volume to much?

Comment

That is only a dust cover, to protect the coil from dust. Does not affect anything. You could try using a needle to pull out as much as possible.
        You could even replace it. I'm pretty sure somewhere they sell these.

Comment

Couldn't make it worse. People have used needle hooks, vacuum cleaners, and adhesive tape to grab onto the crushed area and pull it out.

If you do end up accidentally detaching the cover from the cone, just replace the dust cover. Leaving it partially attached probably would cause buzzing and that indeed would be worse than doing nothing.

Comment

Working...
          X