Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Audio Driver/ Controller IC labeled GAD SHM? Datasheet

Hello,

Could anyone provide me with some information on an IC labeled GAD SHM?

This is some sort of audio driver, it connects directly to left and right speakers via some inline resistors (small value of course).

I've attached an image of the chip on board, I counted 20 pins. It might be some sort of op amp; it isn't the primary audio processor, as there is a separate dedicated chip for that.

Thank you for your time.
    Attached Files

Re: Audio Driver/ Controller IC labeled GAD SHM? Datasheet

Originally posted by Iceking007 View Post
    Hello,

Could anyone provide me with some information on an IC labeled GAD SHM?
    Its an Intersil ISL54405IRUZ-T ,in a UTQFN package

https://pdf1.alldatasheet.com/datash...405IRUZ-T.html
    https://semilotec.en.made-in-china.c...witch-ICs.html
    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Brilliant, thank you kindly for that.

Just out of curiosity, how did you know/ learn that? Google results didn't help me much.

I'm also just curious, doesn't seem the Datasheet is exactly the help I need. In the L and R outputs I have a 2.2ohm resistor and another resistor, I can only measure it at approximately 0.04ohms. I'm assuming this other resistor is actually just a 0ohm bridge and not really a crucial resistance value, would you agree with that?

The reason I ask is because I had to repair some wiring on the board and the R channel has the smaller 0.04ohm resistor right next to the positive terminal. My iron tip took it right off the board and as I was arranging my Tweezers to reposition it, the little bugger went flying into oblivion - never to be found by humans again!

I thought I metered it at 7ohms, but upon comparison with the left channel that proved not to be the case, more than likely my meter leads were not zeroed properly, or I might have been reading 0.7 ohms in my haste. Anyways, I'll either bridge those pads with another 0ohm, or just a blob of solder, or a small wire. Unless you feel it is actually a 0.04ohm (40mohm) resistor, in which cases I should replace that accordingly, or find a more accurate measurement.

Thanks for your response.

Comment

Brilliant, thank you kindly for that.

Just out of curiosity, how did you know/ learn that? Google results didn't help me much.
        I just googled for "IC marking code GAD" ,then looked at the results at a few marking code sites.Heres the one where i found it
        http://www.smdmark.com/en-US/smd-code-GAD.html .

I'm also just curious, doesn't seem the Datasheet is exactly the help I need. In the L and R outputs I have a 2.2ohm resistor and another resistor, I can only measure it at approximately 0.04ohms. I'm assuming this other resistor is actually just a 0ohm bridge and not really a crucial resistance value, would you agree with that?
        I don`t know,someone with more knowledge might be able to help you.
        All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Alright,
          Thank you.

Comment

Working...
          X