Phillips 50PFP5332D/37 Screen Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phillips 50PFP5332D/37 Screen Issues

I have researched for what seems forever, apparently not in the right places, for the root cause of the issue shown below. Most screen issues I have found have been half screen top or bottom goes black, not what I am showing.

The display is new, yes old tech but was sold and had a screen issue on set up. From what I have found the boards have different names depending on the manufacturer.

Just looking for thoughts on what would cause the issue shown. It wont be getting put back together, just trying to save what I can from it.

Thanks in advance.
    Attached Files

Re: Phillips 50PFP5332D/37 Screen Issues

First step would be to unplug the main board and put the control board in test mode.

I have no idea how you accomplish that with this model but if you post close up pics of the control board someone here might remember.

... the control board appears to be the smallish board middle-right.

Comment

Originally posted by mmartell View Post
      First step would be to unplug the main board and put the control board in test mode.

I have no idea how you accomplish that with this model but if you post close up pics of the control board someone here might remember.

... the control board appears to be the smallish board middle-right.
      Thank you for the reply. Everything is already apart. I thought maybe it might be as simple when the screen does X, (fill in the blank) board is responsible. I just havent been able to find an example of what mine is doing.

Comment

TV is old...
        check all electrolytic capacitors for capacitance and ESR, all connectors (pull out and reinsert all cables from connectors several times) ...
        Attached Files

Comment

check x buffer boards connections, and buffer chips

Comment

Working...
          X