• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hp Probook 455 G3 DAX73AMB6E1 blinking charge light, not turning on

You are welcome.

Comment

Thanks again, if any body comes across another board cheap please let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by rccrasher65 View Post
        I have a Hp Probook G3 MoBO DAX73AMB6E1 Rev E charge light blinking, and no power up.Hoping someone can walk a noob through the diagnostic process. I think I have found the correct schematics, but they are a complete greek to me. will try to get some pics and add schematics to this post. thanks again for the help. George
        BlueMidnight, my laptop shit the bed again, need your help once again! same symptoms as stated before, laptop just shut off while using, and nothing once again. I moved and still unpacking, so in a week or so we can start. thanks again, George

Comment

BlueMidnight, my laptop shit the bed again, need your help once again! same symptoms as stated before, laptop just shut off while using, and nothing once again. I moved and still unpacking, so in a week or so we can start. thanks again, George
          bump

Comment

bump
            bump

Comment

Hello again. It took me a while to see your messages because I've been doing other things.

The best course of action is to start at the beginning, testing voltages and resistances to ground as per the instructions here and here (noting that there's a typo where I meant to say PQ9 instead of PQ6).

Once we have an idea of what voltages you do and do not have, and if any power rails are shorted, we can go from there.

Comment

ok, its going to take a week or so, to get all my equipment unpacked from our recent move, purchased a new home and was in the process of moving when computer shit the bed again. Very disappointed in HP, will never purchase another one/ I will get some measurements for you in a week or so thank you again for your help, George

Comment

ok, its going to take a week or so, to get all my equipment unpacked from our recent move, purchased a new home and was in the process of moving when computer shit the bed again. Very disappointed in HP, will never purchase another one/ I will get some measurements for you in a week or so thank you again for your help, George
                  I found some of my equipment, so i'll be able to open up my laptop in a day or so, and get those tests done. Thanks!

Comment

I found some of my equipment, so i'll be able to open up my laptop in a day or so, and get those tests done. Thanks!
                    Going to pull laptop apart this evening, should have some test results in a day or so.

Comment

Going to pull laptop apart this evening, should have some test results in a day or so.
                      bump.

Comment

Disassembly and tests tonight, will post results.

Comment

Well finally got all my equipment set up. now I can get busy on this laptop. Thanks for your patience!

Comment

Alright, good luck

Comment

Thanks for your patience, moving was a tiresome event, finally got most of my equipment unpacked,and set up. Going to break down laptop tonight. should have some results for you in a day or so. Again thanks for all your help. Fixing this POS board is becoming a monthly event.

Comment

Well, I have some results. unfortunately I might have taken my laptop apart for nothing. When I checked voltages on power supply connector, I wasn't getting 19V, so I checked my power adaptor,and its not giving me 19v. Readings are all over the place. going to look for a new power supply. Any suggestions as to where to get an original, and not a POS chinese replacement!

Comment

This best place to get a genuine HP AC adapter would be their parts store: https://parts.hp.com/Hpparts

Alternatively, you can try to find a used one from eBay or somewhere. But counterfeit ones can sometimes look very much like the real thing. Or sometimes the picture is of a genuine one, but you get a generic. I'd recommend finding a low-volume private seller with a high feedback rating. I'm wary of sellers who have dozens/hundreds of "genuine" adapters available.

Comment

Back ordered, but they give a list of suppliers, I found one in Pa. TKO industries, waiting for their quote. Have another board that does not shut down properly, its not the settings either, boards works other than that, have to remove battery to shut off completely. I will attach a pic of light, as I do not know what it is called. Going to dig out board in a few days while I wait for power adapter.

Comment

Ordered from TKO 50+10 shipping for an original.
                                      +

Comment

Power adaptor should arrive on Mon. Will re check everything, hopefully I broke down my laptop for nothing.

Comment

Power adaptor should arrive on Mon. Will re check everything, hopefully I broke down my laptop for nothing.
                                          Original power adaptor on back order, should be here in 4 days, Finally, Tired of this slow toshiba backup laptop.

Comment

Working...
                                          X