Help Identifying Capacitor Brands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help Identifying Capacitor Brands

Can anyone identify the manufacturer or model of the two following capacitors? Google did not help me much in my quick search. I can't seem to find any information on them. These are out of an older precision power car amplifier that had vented taicon capacitors already, so I already need to replace some.
    Attached Files

Re: Help Identifying Capacitor Brands

i could look them up, but the fact that they are rated 85' means they are only general purpose crap anyway - so they have no usefull data to find.

Comment

Originally posted by midnightg35x View Post
      Can anyone identify the manufacturer or model of the two following capacitors? Google did not help me much in my quick search. I can't seem to find any information on them. These are out of an older precision power car amplifier that had vented taicon capacitors already, so I already need to replace some.
      Couldnt find anything on the OECi cap, it seems like a generic cheap brand because you can buy it relatively cheap online.

The TCI cap is the mystery, on one hand it looks like cheap cap, however TCI used to manufacture caps in the USA

theres some audio forums posts asking about TCI caps

http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.p...citors.437807/
      Yes i love Nichicon MUSE Audio Capacitors...they would look awesome all over any motherboard

Comment

Look for a 'good' brand name Nichicon, Panasonic and the like. These are 85C so no real issue with ESR etc in an audio amplifier circuit.

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
          i could look them up, but the fact that they are rated 85' means they are only general purpose crap anyway - so they have no usefull data to find.
          There are plenty of 85 degree caps that are more than general purpose, which is why I was trying to find specific info on these two caps.

Originally posted by coreAngel View Post
          Couldnt find anything on the OECi cap, it seems like a generic cheap brand because you can buy it relatively cheap online.

The TCI cap is the mystery, on one hand it looks like cheap cap, however TCI used to manufacture caps in the USA

theres some audio forums posts asking about TCI caps

http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.p...citors.437807/
          Thanks. The TCI marked one is not as important to me to figure out as the OECI one. I know the TCI marked one is on the secondary side of the SMPS transformer, so I had planned to upgrade that to a Nichicon UHW series cap anyway. The OECI one is a little more mysterious to me to as I did not trace the functionality yet. I don't think it is anything in the signal path based on the capacitance and voltage values, but I can't swear to it. I just wanted to make sure I should not at least look at an audio/low loss tangent cap. I would replace it with a chemicon KYB if it is a non-audio application and I had not really decided if I would use something different if it was in the signal path.
          Last edited by midnightg35x; 06-26-2018, 09:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by midnightg35x View Post
            There are plenty of 85 degree caps that are more than general purpose, which is why I was trying to find specific info on these two caps.

Thanks. The TCI marked one is not as important to me to figure out as the OECI one. I know the TCI marked one is on the secondary side of the SMPS transformer, so I had planned to upgrade that to a Nichicon UHW series cap anyway. The OECI one is a little more mysterious to me to as I did not trace the functionality yet. I don't think it is anything in the signal path based on the capacitance and voltage values, but I can't swear to it. I just wanted to make sure I should not at least look at an audio/low loss tangent cap. I would replace it with a chemicon KYB if it is a non-audio application and I had not really decided if I would use something different if it was in the signal path.
            I would go with Japanese brand like Panasonic, however there are Audio Grade Nichicon caps (including Muse series), here

https://www.mouser.com/Nichicon/Pass...z0zlbm&FS=True

I agree that General Purpose caps is ok in a non audio application area, and KYB is ok in a Audio area, thats what i would do
            Yes i love Nichicon MUSE Audio Capacitors...they would look awesome all over any motherboard

Comment

That company would be ECI, they are likely but I'm not 100%, ECI Gold Low ESR Electrolytic Capacitors

Comment

Originally posted by coreAngel View Post
                I would go with Japanese brand like Panasonic, however there are Audio Grade Nichicon caps (including Muse series), here
                lol at audio grade caps..

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/chat/n...io-capacitors/

Its been debunked a billion times..

Comment

for Audo (signal path, not power rails) use YXF.

Comment

Working...
                  X