ECS P4M800Pro-M Ver 2.0 No display

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ECS P4M800Pro-M Ver 2.0 No display

I have this motherboard which turns on but no display. I already done replaced processor,ram, and reflashed the bios with external programmer, also i reflowed chipset, but still there is no display. when i removed the memory there is no beep. could anyone help on this if there is a chance this board to have display?thanks in advance

Re: ECS P4M800Pro-M Ver 2.0 No display

Replace the 4 small caps near the CPU socket. These are counterfeit lytics that ECS liked to use.
    Main rig:
    Gigabyte B75M-D3H
    Core i5-3470 3.60GHz
    Gigabyte Geforce GTX650 1GB GDDR5
    16GB DDR3-1600
    Samsung SH-224AB DVD-RW
    FSP Bluestorm II 500W (recapped)
    120GB ADATA + 2x Seagate Barracuda ES.2 ST31000340NS 1TB
    Delux MG760 case

Comment

You can do the followed tests:

- To test if monitor works: use other monitor to your PC and use your monitor with a different PC

- To test if you PSU works: use a different PSU

- To test if you have graphics problems: you other PCI graphic card

Good Luck!

Comment

Sorry for bumping an old thread. Does OP managed to fix the no display issue? Because I'm facing the same problem with the same motherboard. If it fixed could you share how it is done?

Comment

@ Hkskiller: whatever the outcome, O/P hasn't reported back in almost 2 years, so probably start over with your motherboard.

1st... a bit of history on your motherboard.
          - Did the symptoms appear "out of the blue" - i.e. did the motherboard stopped working while in your possession. If not, and this is an item you got from someone else, ask about its history, if possible.
          - Knowing with what hardware and up until what point the motherboard was working is helpful to know here.

2nd... what was checked on your motherboard.
          - Did you try different (and known good) RAM? PSU? GPU? Monitor? Compatible CPU? (Check the manual!)
          - Checked CMOS battery? If not, remove it and try booting without.
          - Checked jumper settings?
          - Checked for damaged traces (due to mishandling?)

3rd.... if all of the above checks out, time to take a multimeter and start measuring.
          - Check all major voltage rails on the motherboard: i.e. CPU V_core, RAM Vdd, RAM Vtt, Vcc AGP, NB/SB Vcc, secondary standby voltage (3.3V/2.5V/1.8V - varies with motherboard and some have more than one).

4th... POST card test (if you have one.)
          - Insert a POST card and see if it spits out any codes. If it sits at "00" or "FF", it means your pre-CPU initialization is getting stuck somewhere. Could be due to a bad BIOS/CMOS. Could be due to bad connection on CPU socket (either CPU to CPU socket or failed BGA on CPU socket - especially if the motherboard used a stock Intel cooler, as these tend to warp the crap out of many motherboards.) Could also be bad connection in RAM. Could also be a missing power rail... which is why you need to check #3 above first.
          - Make sure to test the POST card in all PCI slots. Not all PCI slots will allow it to display codes, at least IME.
          Last edited by momaka; 09-01-2019, 07:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X