Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saw this on Craigslist, can't make this stuff up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saw this on Craigslist, can't make this stuff up.

The TV has multiple apps like Netflix, amazon, hulu, weather, internet, Spotify and can have more added. It also comes with a smart remote which has the option to control the TV by voice. It is 40 inches and there is a small crack at the upper left corner but it is repairable and you are still able to watch shows and everything else without any issues. Price is negotiable
    Only $200. If I could get $200 for every cracked screen TV I came across, I'd be rich.
    Attached Files
    ------------signature starts here------------

Re: Saw this on Craigslist, can't make this stuff up.

There's a saying... fools and their money...
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Yeah I get a laugh out of those......and I get a good laugh when I advertise for TV's and I get people who want $100 for a broken $125 tv. Hilarious!
      They call me......."threadkiller"

Comment

I love it when they say that a reputable TV shop told them they could repair it for a 100 if it has a cracked screen. Well hot damn! If it was only $100 to fix a cracked screen and why you selling on craigslist for $200!!??

Guess I'm in the wrong business of legitimately repairing TV's.. I should take up sorcery and wizardry and call myself "Merlin's magic TV repair"!
        Last edited by freakaftr8; 03-15-2018, 04:43 PM.
        Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Comment

I was trying to get a 3 1/2 year old Vizio smart TV last week. Supposedly already diagnosed at a local shop as LED failure. I offered $75, probably would have gone up to $125. She tells me she'll just pay the $400 to get it fixed and sell it herself. We have a place called Dirt Cheap TV here that sells manufacturer refurbished sets. They have a 65" Vizio 4k Smart tv, with a 2 year warranty, for $599. What does that make a 3 1/2 year old one worth? Maybe $400?

Comment

Some people think that because they paid biggish money for a name brand TV some years ago that its still worth biggish money e.g. one 42" LG 5yrs "have upgraded" price $300 whereas 42" other brand new is $339 and they are coming down in price all the time with new 65" the other day $669.

Comment

And this my friend is why I'm not fixing the SC boards on the 5 Panasonic plasmas I have accumulated in my house. I'll make more on the A boards alone then repairing and reselling.
              Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Comment

Originally posted by freakaftr8 View Post
                And this my friend is why I'm not fixing the SC boards on the 5 Panasonic plasmas I have accumulated in my house. I'll make more on the A boards alone then repairing and reselling.
                I have 2 or 3 50" Panasonics in my basement. Haven't bothered to open them yet. Definitely not worth the cost of fixing them. Eventually one will come alone with a busted screen and good boards. Then maybe I'll mess with them.

Comment

Same goes, with Onkyo receivers. Refurbished ones, are sold for $240-270.
                  I have already finished repairing TVs, a couple of years ago.
                  I'm trying my luck with some projectors, but I'm not able to do anything alone. There is no support out there, for these devices.

Comment

I have 2 2014 Emerson 50" I'm willing to spend up to $300.00 each on to fix.

NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    They call me......."threadkiller"

Comment

You get all sorts. Some people don't understand that most electronics and computers don't hold their value even over 2 years.

Some people also aren't very good shoppers. For example, they pay full price instead of waiting for a sale or using coupon codes/discounts.

So when you get the combination of someone paying full price (and possibly overpriced MSRP) and then trying to recoup their "investment" 2 or 3 years later, they think they are being "lowballed" all the time.

I suspect these sellers have no financial training or common sense. They are likely impulse buyers and do little to no research. Hopefully, they don 't invest their money in the same manner. That is, buying a stock because "this sucker is sure to go up".
                      --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Originally posted by lookimback View Post
                        Only $200.
                        I can't help but notice that the local Bestbuy in the USA sells 40inch LED TVs brand new with warranty for $199 USD.

The seller needs a reality check.
                        --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

I hear that, should've taken the bestbuy flyer over and said um no I think I'll get this new one for 200, because it just seems like a better deal than your broken tv, sorry lady, lol.

Comment

Working...
                          X