Rca led65g55r120q lvds ribbon fubar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rca led65g55r120q lvds ribbon fubar

Working on a RCA 65" had a bad LED on one strip. Fixed that, but in the process of re-assembly I FUBARed one of the LVDS ribbon connections that go from T_Con to panel driver board. Its a KaiQun E356155 80 connector ribbon.

How can I repair this as I am having a difficult time finding a replacement ribbon long enough. Thanks.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by MagicSmoke; 02-04-2018, 01:05 PM.

Re: Rca led65g55r120q lvds ribbon fubar

I think you either get a new panel, or you are SOL on that one, unless you have a tab bonding machine.

Comment

What about these? https://www.ebay.com/itm/RCA-LED65G5...cAAOSwz~paTFE-
      After posting this I saw you repaired the cable, good job
      Attached Files
      Last edited by R_J; 02-04-2018, 09:56 PM.

Comment

No it wasn't a tab bonded cable, it runs from T-Con to panel driver board. has flip connectors at each end.

So I searched the internet and found a ham radio site where a guy had done about the same thing as I did, but on a fewer contact ribbon. His was long enough as was mine to cut off the fubared section. Saving the blue connector support, it was held on by heat sensitive adhesive.

Then ribbon was taped down to a flat metal surface, then the next step was the most time consuming part. I took an exacto knife and scraped away the insulation covering the traces a little bit at a time.

Took about 25 min because I did not want to scrape too hard, got to where the traces were showing then took 320 grit sand paper and finished polishing traces. Sanding with the direction of the traces not across. Finished trimming sides of cable to fit in connector so tab would close, And WALA it worked.

Didn't post a before pic but 1/4 of left hand side of screen was black before repair on cable.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by MagicSmoke; 02-04-2018, 09:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CapLeaker View Post
          I think you either get a new panel, or you are SOL on that one, unless you have a tab bonding machine.
          I need the same ribbon, where you able to find a part number.

Comment

Good Job!!!!

Comment

Well done magicsmoke, those diy solutions are the best.

Comment

A couple on that page for 13 bucks, not cheap but I guess it's supply and demand at work: https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...acat=0&_sop=15

Comment

Working...
                X