Magnavox 50 mf231d37

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Magnavox 50 mf231d37

Verified version of logic board..it is correct.

Comment

What if the SSB (Main Board) somehow went bonkers and thinks it is driving a 32 inch screen instead of a 50? Or possibly the screen alignment is off? Read the attached information. There is a label inside the chassis..I do not have the original remote, but very close.
      Attached Files

Comment

Most of the time the factory remote is necessary to access the service menu.

Have you tried entering the 062598 menu sequence to see?

Comment

I will try it..

Comment

Does not work with the Phillips remote I have..as soon as I press a number key the set comes on. Will replace logic board first...then maybe spring for factory remote.

Comment

With factory remote, entered Service Alignment Mode (SAM). As soon as main alignment screen came up, screen went blank. I think something on the SMPS board gave up the ghost..I now have red light blinking four times. No LED now on logic board. Only one green LED on SMPS where I previously had two. When I cycle power, before it goes off on error I measured all four main voltages on label and all show good? If I unplug logic board, no blinking red light error but no joy of course. I have another logic board but it is clear that going into SAM whacked something on SMPS. I have it on the bench..have not found any failed components yet. In the pic, you can see the two green LEDs in lower right section..LED8002 and LED8001..Previously both were lit as well as power to logic board..now only LED8002 is lit until she shuts off on the four blink error. checking fuses now.
              Attached Files

Comment

Diode D8049 shows a short..any hints where else to look?

Comment

D8043 is shorted as well as Q8001 and Q8003..taking diodes out of circuit to see if its diodes or MOSFETs.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                  X