Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Making a sort of Agree and Continue upon joining network...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Making a sort of Agree and Continue upon joining network...

Hello!
    So I just set up a sort of guest network for my apartment building.
    But I want to know how to do like they have at school:
    Once you join the (unsecured) network it takes you to a login page where you need to supply a username and password before you can use the connection. Once you've sucessfully logged in all network services work like normal.

How would I do this?
    Thanks!
    I'm using a Linksys 54G v.6 router with DD-WRT...
    Overclocked Broadcom CPU from 200Mhz to 225MHz, and boosted Tx power from 71mW to 150mW...
    To compensate increased power draw I used a Linksys 12V 1A power adapter instead of Linsys 12V 0.5A...

Re: Making a sort of Agree and Continue upon joining network...

I haven't tried it personally, but this is probably somewhere decent to start:
    http://www.chillispot.info/

These are generally called wireless access servers, you could also use the keyword "hotspot" in your searching.

Edit: More info for configuring DD-WRT with Chillispot: http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Chillispot

Comment

Ah thank you very much! That is exactly the sort of thing I was looking for!
      Now if Chillispot didn't have such an UGLY website, but that's the least of my worries... LOL!

Comment

captive portal would work too.

I use it to stop infected machines using my internet while allowing the connection some privileges. For example it can't get on the internet unless I provide it some credentials but has access to my file-server, pxe boot server, and Windows Server Update Service.

Comment

Working...
        X