Is this bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is this bad?

Chris, can you post some more pics of the board like including an overall pic and also one of the cpu caps.
    Last edited by willawake; 05-31-2005, 07:31 AM.
    capacitor lab yachtmati techmati

Comment

Overall pic coming soon. For the CPU cap pic I'll have to take off the fan but they are Rubycons.
      The great capacitor showdown!

Comment

Also, does United Chemi-Con make bright blue low esr caps? I have a few Mercedes logo vent caps of that colour on my Dell board.

Comment

leave the fan, its ok if they are just rubycons there. united chemicon does make blue caps. they will probably have a rectangle and then say the series like KZE or something.

Comment

I'll have to take off the fan to get my camera down there.

Comment

Chris, a while back you posted this :

560uF 4v (the cap). And my confuser now boots up and is stable. Just had to clear CMOS and take out my Linksys wireless card. Thanks for the clarification, Neo. Now i just need to borrow a DVM....
              what is the problem with the pc now? did it have boot problems after the above event.

Comment

No problems at all. The wireless card I just needed to take out. Don't really need wlan anymore now that I don't have broadband.

Comment

i wouldnt bother recapping it then at the moment. if you have boot or stability problems again later then it would be worth considering. i have those yellow caps on several boards which are working fine for quite a few years. the rubycons and chemicon will be fine.

basically what i dont recommend is to take a working board and then recap it as your first attempt at recapping and then nuke it accidentally. non working boards are different cos you have nothing to lose.

in response to your question i have seen those yellow caps commonly replaced by 820uf 6.3 on different board revisions, so 1000uf 6.3 would be great also. The thing is that when you see 25v nearby you have to be careful that the p4 12v line is not running through the caps, although i would not expect that they would be running the yellow ones rated for 4v at 12v instead.

if you are still interested in recapping then get a mobo with badcaps as a project and then recap it to learn the technique.

what happened to the broadband? it is dissapointing to have to go back to dialup...
                  Last edited by willawake; 05-31-2005, 01:48 PM.

Comment

Broadband just suddenly stopped working and a Comcast tech couldn't get it back. I got my Digikey catalog yesterday and out of curiosity I looked up the Nichicon series of the caps next to the yellow ones. It's VR, which according to Digikey catalog, is an 85°C rated part and not low ESR. How could they get away with this (not putting low ESR caps on a motherboard)?

Comment

Working...
                    X