Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lite-on R17AA "No Signal Input"

Hi,

I have a Lite-on R17AA monitor that was not working at all.
    after replacing 2 cap's that looked damaged to me, the monitor came back to life, but sais "No Signal Input".
    what should i check more? i really want to learn how to fix it

here's the old cap's near the new cap's that i ordered:

here's the bad cap's before the replacement:

this is the board after the replacement:

thank you,
    Oren.

Re: Lite-on R17AA "No Signal Input"

If it worked fine before you had to change the caps, and now says no signal, the first thing to do is ensure that all plugs etc have been replaced correctly.It is very easy to bend pins,fail to sit them properly etc etc..and it happens regularly, even to very experienced Members.You also need to use the 'manage attachments' facility to show the Photos.

Comment

Replace all the caps of whatever brand the bad ones were.
      They need to be low ESR caps.
      GP caps either won't work or won't last long.
      Mann-Made Global Warming.
      - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
      Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
      -
      You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
      -

Comment

i couldn't find how to edit my first post so i uploaded the pictures to this post.

Rtech,
        the monitor was dead before the recap. only after the recap i got the "no sifnal" message.
        i checked all the plugs. tried to pull them out and plug them in again, everything sits fine.
        sorry about the pictures, i uploaded them again now.

PCBONEZ,
        the brand of the original caps were capXon so i replaced them with new Radial Electrolytic caps found on eBay
        because i heard that capXon made bad caps.
        there's a lot of caps, you want me to replace them all?!

thank you,
        Oren.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by 0r3n View Post
          i couldn't find how to edit my first post so i uploaded the pictures to this post.

Rtech,
          the monitor was dead before the recap. only after the recap i got the "no sifnal" message.
          i checked all the plugs. tried to pull them out and plug them in again, everything sits fine.
          sorry about the pictures, i uploaded them again now.

PCBONEZ,
          the brand of the original caps were capXon so i replaced them with new Radial Electrolytic caps found on eBay
          because i heard that capXon made bad caps.
          there's a lot of caps, you want me to replace them all?!

thank you,
          Oren.
          In simple terms you replaced known crap with unknown garbage. The best Chinese made caps have a bad reputation for reliability. The ones you used are most likely NOT low ESR. While it's difficult to believe, they could be worse that the Capxon originals (yes, there are caps worse than Capxon).

The general reputation of the caps sold on eBay is not good. The off brands are usually crap, the name brands are often counterfeit.

It is suggested you edit your profile to indicate where you live. That makes it easier to recommend sources for parts. In the US, Digikey is a preferred vendor, offering excellent prices, rapid shipping, and low shipping charges. There shipping charges to other countries range range from High ($6.00 for Canada) to Exorbitant ($30 to Australia) to Outrageous ($120 to Croatia).

PlainBill
          For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Originally posted by 0r3n View Post
            only after the recap i got the "no sifnal" message.
            Did you hookup a working computer with your favourite wallpaper to the lcd?

No signal will come on if there is no source attached after a few seconds.
            --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

The size of the can of those replacements, while not conclusive, is a strong indicator that they have higher ESR and lower Ripple capability than the originals.

And yes, you should replace all the Capxon.
              If some are gone the rest aren't far behind.

Capxon makes a lot of different series [models].
              Some have very low ESR and some just barely. [Or not at all.]
              Will need the series name[s] and diameters [and sometimes length] to actually spec them.
              Mann-Made Global Warming.
              - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
              Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
              -
              You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
              -

Comment

Working...
              X