MS-7184 Ver 1 test/sub caps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MS-7184 Ver 1 test/sub caps

I've got an MS-7185 board with obvioulsly bad caps along the CPU side. I know standard procedure is to replace all the caps on the motherboard but before I shell out for a new set of caps I'd like to test the board after replacing just the six caps at the CPU socket and determine whether this is a board I want to use or not. I don't have on hand caps of the exact value (1500uf 6.3v) but have some 1000uf and 1200uf caps that will fit. Would any of them work to test the board before I buy a cap kit for it? I am on an extremely tight budget and am not going to do a full re-cap if it's a board I don't want to use anyway.

Thanks in advance.

Re: MS-7184 Ver 1 test/sub caps

Yes they will work for testing the board, the 1200 would be best but the 1000 would also work to test the board. I've taken used caps. from an older board and used them on my one computer thats been running for over a year with them. they have been testing for a year

Comment

Thanks for that R J, that answers my question nicely.

Comment

Yep, you were right R_J, it boots up fine using the 6.3v 1000uF caps and is happily chewing on Memtest86, which is good since the 1200uF 16v caps were too fat to fit.

Comment

Working...
        X